Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replacing rear hanger ?
  • 1kcove
    Free Member

Orange Clockwork 2015, i have a problem with snapping Mech Hangers. Over the last two rides i have snapped
    three, hard to believe as i have only snapped a couple in the last six years on my other bikes, i have not caught the Mech on anything, it could be occuring whilst changing gear i have noticed on the odd occasion the chain has ran along side the lower Jockey Wheel as oppsed to on it.
    The rear Mech & chain are about 1 year old. Mech is SLX 2×10 with the clutch.
    So i think i might be better of changing the Mech to one without the clutch, New Kmc chain. Prior to fitting the new hanger & components should i be using a mech alignment tool as i need to solve this issue.
    I have built many bikes over the years & would say I’m fairly mechanically competent but not sure on this one, maybe one for my LBS but obviously don’t want to chuck loads on money on it.
    Any ideas would be most appreciated.

jekkyl

I went through a period of snapping mech hangers for a few months, it turned out to be a bent mech cage. It should not be breaking when changing gear, something else is defo amiss there. 2nd hand rear mechs are cheap enough, make sure your jockey wheels are not worn too I guess.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Certainly sounds like the mech could be the issue.

I recently found out that a newly fitted hanger might need aligning (bending), thanks to my new favourite LBS’s really anal mechanic 🙂 He even convinced me to get a new frame’s BB faced after years of not bothering – can this guy sell or what :mrgreen:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Replacing rear hanger ?’ is closed to new replies.