Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replacing fork bushings (RockShox)
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

Got a Lyrik which is pretty much on its last legs. Not worth getting it professionally serviced as I’d rather put the money towards a new fork.

If I could replace the bushings myself for just the cost of the parts and keep it working for a little longer, I’d be tempted to do that for now.

Anyone done a DIY bushing replacement? Can it be bodged without the special tools? Usual socket-as-drift approach?

Bagstard
    Free Member

I asked a similar question a while back and the general consensus was it is not a DIY job, hence I sent them to Loco. What is wrong with your lyrik? I have a set at home in good working order, but the CSU is creaking. If interested I can sell you some lowers with recent new bushes and seals.

stevomcd
    Free Member

What’s wrong with it is essentially that it’s been under an Alpine guide for 3 seasons!

Bushings are shot. Stanchions are worn. Steerer is worn (crown race won’t sit tight). Leaking from bottom of spring leg. Lockout doesn’t work. Low speed damper knob missing. Rebound damper knob missing. Damping performance is minimal.

£300 quid on ebay, I reckon. 😉

Bagstard
    Free Member

Sounds like a bargain mate. 😀 Mine are great apart from the steerer, oh well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Replacing fork bushings (RockShox)’ is closed to new replies.