Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replacements for Hope floating rotors?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Should I stick to Hope or try something else?

Pretty sure my rear rotor is warped

easygirl

I switched back to shimano rotors after a few bent hope , and not had any problems since

Northwind

Standard metal rotors. The hope floaters just give you extra points of failure, there’s no real benefit and they’re not even very light. I warrantied both of mine when they went rattly then sold the replacements and got cheap steel.

(in theory they could be better for heat; in practice, these days if your brakes aren’t up to the job without fancy rotors, pads etc you should replace them with something that is rather than messing about. Pretty much all quality brakes are fine without it)

Though… What’s wrong with the rear? Outright bending/twisting or uneven surfaces can be a killer but a warped rotor can often be straightened, just like a warped rim.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks both

I’m not sure to be honest – it’s a bit of a faff as it’s on a Krampus frame and post mount to IS but no matter what I try I can’t get the brake setup without any rubbing and it does look like the rotor is slightly warped

jambalaya
    Free Member

I bent one in a crash, they do seem a bit more flimsy than “normal” steel ones. But they do look very nice 😳

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Replacements for Hope floating rotors?’ is closed to new replies.