• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by kevj.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replacement shifter lever – XTR M9000
  • kevj
    Free Member

Hi,

I snapped the up-lever on my RHS shifter yesterday. Does anyone know if I can source a replacement, either from Shimano direct or a aftersales company?

Mister-P
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member

doesnt look like they are on shimano tech docs 🙁

The XTR is a carbon fibre lever (random chopped in resin) but XT is just aluminium. You could try dismantling the XTR one and see how easy it is to get the lever off and then replace it with a cheaper XT one. Might be a different way of attachment though. Could you glue it back together? When I looked at mine worried about breaking it I did notice that there is a nice big cut out in the rear you could use to bond a splint in.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Warranty? I snapped one with my thumb with a fumbled shift.

3 years on xtr. What snapped it?

kevj
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

I had a small OTB and the handlebar embedded in soft mud. Didn’t actually realise the lever had snapped until about twenty yards down the trail and it was down-shifting, not up.

I had thought about an XT replacement as the break occurred at the narrowest sectioning the lever and the cross sectional area is very small. I appreciate the relative strength of alloy against carbon fibre, but think the alloy would have bent rather than snapped off.

I’m keeping an eye out on eBay for spare and repairs too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Replacement shifter lever – XTR M9000’ is closed to new replies.