Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replacement Screen For Kobo 7" Tablet
  • rossi46
    Free Member

Hi all, I’m looking for a replacement screen for my sons Kobo arc tablet which he dropped and cracked. Donut!
    Anyway, I thought it would be simple enough to find a replacement but even Ebay doesn’t have anything!
    Can any of my Singletrack techy types help me with this dilemma?

rossi46
    Free Member

Anyone?
    Just to note that the tablet works just fine, it’s just the screen that is cracked.

tthew

When my mum broke hers, (though it was a basic one rather than the Arc, which is more tablet-like right?) it really wasn’t economical to repair. If there’s no screens easily available, there’s probably a reason. Probably easiest just to get a replacement.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Your only chance is to wait for a spares repairs one to come up on eBay and butcher it. PITA factor of 12. I wouldn’t bother.

Cletus

The site below does Kobo repairs and also supplies parts although they may not have what you want

http://www.mobiledeviceworkshop.co.uk/kobo-tablet-repairs-258-c.asp

A new Kobo is £80.80 from Amazon so it may be more economical to get a new one and recycle the broken one.

rossi46
    Free Member

Darn 🙁
    Ive seen replacement screens for other makes and models for around £20, would have seemed reasonable. Are there any universal fitting 7″ screens around that anyone knows of?
    Thanks for the help anyways people 😉

wysiwyg
    Free Member

It’ll be out of a Chinese catalogue probably. Trawl Aliexpress for a match?

No universal fits as all the plugs vary into the board.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Screen For Kobo 7" Tablet’ is closed to new replies.