Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replacement Magura Pistons and seals?
  • Aristotle
    Free Member

One of my (once-excellent) Louise FR brakes requires a new piston and seals.

Are suitable parts available from anywhere or is it to be written-off?

z1ppy

My last experience with them was a couple of year back, that they will not sell you parts, you need to send your brake back to them for servicing.

It may have changed since then, as it’s no longer seemingly listed on their website, but they had a UK service centre in Ashby De La Zouch .
    There website and forum points you back to your local bike shop that are a stockist & any issue will be dealt via them…

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I had the same problem a while ago. You will not get seals from anywhere, inc Magura. I discussed the issue with Magura and they said you can only replace the whole caliper. Replacement seals have never been available, which is bobbins.

However – if they are sticking rather than leaking all is not lost. I had the same problem about 2 years ago. The local bike shop stripped them down and used red grease on the seals. They have been used every week since then and are still working fine.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Ah, as I suspected.

It was you who recommended these brakes to me a few years ago 🙂

One piston is damaged and mucho fluid is leaking out. When they work they are excellent.

I’m happy to replace a piston and seals if I can get them….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Magura Pistons and seals?’ is closed to new replies.