Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replacement jockey wheels for SRAM mech
  • rhid

Can someone recommend some of the above please?

It’s an 11sp mech so I think they need to be 12t. The ones on the mech are very sloppy and need replacing! Plus the bearings or bushings on the originals seem to be poop.

whitestone
    Free Member

This is a fairly common subject, quite a few recent threads about it. Other than suggesting do a search I’ve no recommendations as I’ve stuck with Shimano.

jamesg55
    Free Member

interested to hear the outcome as mine I have been shot for about 18 months lol

13thfloormonk

Search for the SRAM NX jockey wheels, same number of teeth, same narrow wide pattern, but bushings instead of bearings so won’t seize as quickly, and a quarter of the price.

Oh for the days of wearing jockey wheels down to throwing stars!

Tracey

Been running a set off these since the SRAM ones in one of our mechs packed it. Not had problem since

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/category/496/Uberbike-Made-In-Sheffield-SRAM-XX1-XO1-X1-11-Speed-Compatible-Jockey-Wheels

This code may still work JANSALE25

joebristol

Sram NX or some kind of alloy ones off ebayseemed to be the consensus on the other thread about this.

Or you could put new bearings in your existing jockeys if the teeth are ok. I forget the size but it’s written on the bearing seals and they’re cheap to buy.

For now I pulled the seals off the bearings and cleaned them out hen rammed them full of grease and they’re going ok to far. Might order up spare bearings shortly for when they seize up again.

qwerty
    Free Member

My original SRAM ones lasted 5mins on my CX bike, i brought the pricey Hope ones and they’re doing fine in the grime.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

this

My original SRAM ones lasted 5mins on my CX bike,

but this

I pulled the seals off the bearings and cleaned them out then rammed them full of grease

has got me through this season. My CX bike has a non-clutch Rival 11spd mech which cost less than replacement jockey wheels (but does seem very prone to clogging so I might end up trying a newer clutch mech at some point).

legend
    Free Member

2 CX races and a few rides and mine are already on their way. Although, I used to find that they’d seize, but then spin well when free again, will see if these do the same (and have some backups ready just in case)

EDIT: looks like NX and Apex share the same jockey wheels, so that would explain why mine (Apex) are coming back to life. Old X9 used to behave in a similar manner with bearings though…

joebristol

What is it about CX that’s so hard on hockey wheels compared to mountain biking? I’ve literally got no experience of CX and just curious really…..

legend
    Free Member

Mud like you just don’t get on the MTB, as you wouldn’t keep ploughing on as hard as possible. But also grass, which the mud can then really get a grip of

joebristol

Grass – can imagine that’s a nightmare wrapped round everything. I think I’m happy to avoid CX!

legend
    Free Member

You wouldn’t beleive how long it takes to get a CX bike properly clean again 🙁 Hope I’m never good enough to need 2 of them!

13thfloormonk

I wondered that joebristol!

Like legend says, I think it is the combination of everything getting truly encased in wet sticky mud whilst the rider keeps pedalling, I reckoned the pedalling action probably drew the water right into the bearing.

The type of mud probably doesn’t help either, it’s not the watery puddley mud you might get on a well used trail, it’s the sort of ‘freshly churned up field’ mud that several hundred riders churning round the local park can create. Much stickier and fresher…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Replacement jockey wheels for SRAM mech’ is closed to new replies.