Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replacement iPad screen where from?
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

sorry I know this has come up before but can’t find it after a search.

Where can I get a replacement screen and is it easy to replace myself?

Many thanks!

binners

I just dropped mine into one of those dodgy looking ‘we buy/sell/fix phones’ shops so ubiquitous on every high street (well they are in North manchester anyway). 50 quid and I picked it up an hour later. It’s been like new since (12 months+)

I imagine trying to do it myself would be like getting a gibbon to service a jet engine. It’s not going to end well.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Always try the Apple store first. If they’re too expensive (ie. if they charge you) then there are plenty of options. I’ve heard good things about Timpson, the key-cutting people.

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

I took a punt on one of the ebay ones about 9 month ago (ipad 3) was about £30/35 plus cost of insured postage sending it there and returned two days later fixed and working as new. Couldnt have been better.

The kits to replace the glass arent expensive off ebay also but i bottled taking mine apart.

Smudger666

I used timpson in the local asda for an iPhone 4s screen – excellent service, crystal clear screen and 12 month warranty – if they do iPads as well, I’d try them.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/ipad/repair/screen-damage/

ouch

if you want it doing let me know, done loads

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

IFixit Website

You can see exactly how difficult it is and what tools you need on the iFixit. I’ve bought Apple spares off ebay before. Just don’t buy the cheapest one from Hong Kong!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Cheers all. Might just drop it in to a ubiquitous high street place

aracer
    Free Member

I bought a screen from ebay and did it myself. Not for the faint hearted though, and if you can get somebody else to fix it for £30 (which is about what I think I paid for a screen a couple of years ago), then I’d suggest that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Replacement iPad screen where from?’ is closed to new replies.