Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replacement Hope Pro II bearings?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Mine are now on their way out 3 & 5 years respectively

Any recommendations on where, cheapest/best – cheers

FXR 🙂

I have read this STW thread BTW 🙂 but wanted peoples experiences 🙂

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/replacing-hope-pro-2-rear-bearings-on-the-cheap

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Try EBR Bearings, very quick delivery and seemed to offer the best price at the time I bought some.

foxyrider
    Free Member

PR – do they perform OK – looked at theirs and were cheap @ 1.99 I think 🙂

br
    Free Member

Genuine Hope from my LBS, along with the Hope special tool(s).

Easy, peasy.

No idea on price…

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Foxy,
    Replacement set have been in my hubs for more than 12 months so far with no problems, they look and feel exactly the same as the original Hope bearings that came out.
    Hope bearing tools make installation a breeze

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers PR – yeh just got the tool kit – as I like to get the proper tools and going to do 2 rear wheels so will make the job easier 😉

Have done a 10mm and 9mm conversion on them already but knew one bearing was on its way out 6 months ago so might as well do all of them and should be good for another 5 years 🙂

leonthepro
    Free Member

Mine are now on their way out 3 & 5 years respectively

WTF

Have you never ridden the bikes?

Just replaced mine again after 8 months.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Er – no I have just looked after them – NO jet washing – the 5 year old hubs have been on 3 bikes, FSR, Mount Vision (on and off) and my winter bike Kinesis XC2, and regularly serviced them – perhaps you should look after yours better LTP 😉 And yes I ride on them at least twice a week for at least 2-3 hours at a time in the s!ite!

The hubs on the 5 year old set have been rebuilt onto different rims as well!

aldomac
    Free Member

Have they been around for 5 year already – time flies!!

Front bearing are good, rear freehub no so. Mine last a year or less. What 'servicing' do you do to make last that long?

foxyrider
    Free Member

yup def bought these 5 years ago I am sure off Merlin. I think its important to not use high pressure washers to clean your wheels or anything with bearings in IMHO. I usually pack them in decent grease but service as normal.

SAY NO TO THE TEMPTATION OF JET WASHERS 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Hope Pro II bearings?’ is closed to new replies.