Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replacement frame – damaged in transit….
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Hi all,

I broke my frame 7 weeks ago.

The new one (2016 model) arrived on Friday & to my horror the frame has been damaged, I think by the wheel in transit.

What’s the consensus on the outcome?

matt_outandabout

If it is damaged before your ownership, it is courier and bike company issue. Reject it.

kevin1911

Yeah, get in touch with whomever sorted the warranty and tell em. Looks cosmetic. Suggest a goodwill gesture to avoid another 7 week wait?

Northwind

I think you’ve angered a witch tbh

woodster

It’s rather annoying and if it really bothers you then get them to sort it, but if it was might I’d be consoled by the fact that I didn’t have to put the first mark on it myself.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Not much luck with Evans have you 😛 yeah nor me 👿

Crooked Co.

irc

As it replaced a (presumably) frame with scratches on it and it will be getting scratched anyway in use I’d live with it. But riding a frame with scratches doesn’t bother me. YMMV.

You are of course within your rights to get it replaced again.

Bigmantrials

I am not sure how you would stand now that it is built (looks like it is) as there is no way to prove that the courier did it, as they could argue that it was done whilst building.

Personally, unless there is a dent there, which there doesn’t seem to be, I would not worry, its going to get scratched and ridden any way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Replacement frame – damaged in transit….’ is closed to new replies.