Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replacement for Fox Float R 140mm, 1 1/8, 15QR, 26"
  • miketbrown
    Free Member

Hi,

So my much abused Fox fork has finally died on my trusty 2009 Orange 5.
    Its either new fork or new bike time (the latter is the least favoured short-medium term option given a recent high investment in new wheels).

Does anyone here know where I could get hold of a new fork to replace a knackered Fox Float R 140mm with 1 1/8″ steerer and 15mm QR. For 26″ wheels.

Regards
    worried of Wiltshire

mikertroid
    Free Member

I got a RS Rev RCT3. 150mm qr with straight steerer from Probikeshop for about £280.

Almost as nice as the Float RLT but a tad more divey. I guess a tune at TF tuned will sort that..

It’s breathed new life into my 2010 Five; I’ve got two forks which if I keep well serviced should keep the bike going for a while longer.

miketbrown
    Free Member

Great call. Divey I can cope with (its a functional damper I need)
    Many thanks

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I got my 05 Fox 36’s upgraded with a new cartridge from a later fork.
    It cost £300 + VAT 😯 but as the forks were otherwise good I paid out…

notfastenough
    Free Member

I’ve been more than happy with my X-Fusion velvet. Replaced a 140mm talas and i’ve never missed it.

Rik
    Free Member

What’s wromg with the floats? How did they die?

Wondering as I need a new damper for mine a 2 week touring holiday then mine are gone too. Any chance I could salvage some if your parts?

schmiken

How knacketed are your forks and would you consider selling them?

schmiken

Should say its only really the lowers I’m after!

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe get a 650b Pike 150mm travel?

Then you may be able to take it on to your next bike.

miketbrown
    Free Member

Its the straight 1 1/8″ head tube that severely limits the options , plus the need (want) for 150 travel, plus lack of head tube diameter for conversions, plus I’m nervous about geometry changes using a new 650B fork and don’t really have time to experiment – I’ve 2 trips to Alps coming up with trip #1 next Sat.
    I dropped the bike off with Mojo last Tues abd they are now are doing a full service, replacing CSU and bushings. Hopefully this will get me through trip #1.
    Many thanks for all your suggestions. Rik and schmiken – I may sell them after the summer but by then they’ll be properly forked…

asbrooks

Ingot a set of RS revs from altricks, I had them lowered from 150 to 120mm by loco tuning. All in cost was about £300. I was happy with them until my bike was stolen. Luckly the forks and other bits were recovered.
    Anyway, check out altricks they may have something to suit your needs?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Replacement for Fox Float R 140mm, 1 1/8, 15QR, 26"’ is closed to new replies.