Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replacement crank arm advice
  • kevj
    Free Member

I’m currently working out of the UK and have bought a second hand Merida big nine to get some miles in.

I brought a set of Superstar Nano’s with me as the original pedals weren’t very good. When I removed the none drive side, it became obvious the first owner had cross threaded the pedal insert and it was only by virtue of the pedal bring fully screwed in that it didn’t work loose.

I took the bike to a LBS over here and he re tapped the thread, but said it was too damaged. One ride later, there is no thread in the insert at all! Luckily, there is no damage to the Nano pedal.

I’m home next week for two weeks and want to buy a replacement non drive side crank arm. The model is a Shimano FC M-171. Can anyone advise which other crank arms will be compatible with the corresponding BB? I assume it’s an octalink, but I haven’t the tools with me to take it off.

orangeboy
    Free Member

http://si.shimano.com/php/download.php?file=pdf/ev/EV-FC-M171-3048.pdf

If that look like yours then any left hand taper arm should fit just check the length first
    Or you should be able to get the exact one from any madison dealer

The arm should not have an insert in it at all. Should just have a thread straight into the alloy arm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Replacement crank arm advice’ is closed to new replies.