Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replacement Cones
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

Anyone found anywhere that provides replacement cones for wheels? (I am aware of wheelsmfg.com – anywhere in the UK?)

I have a couple of cones to replace on my specialized singlecross, I have the measurements, a comprehensive or on-line guide would be useful.

M

alexpalacefan

what are the hubs? Sometimes a new hub is the way, you also get new dust seals, lock-nuts, Qr and axle.

APF

cynic-al
    Free Member

Try a SBC dealer, otherwise risk a shimano.

No such thing as comprehensive online guide AFAIK.

Haze

I had this problem a while back, couldn't even get any off the manufacturer.

Gave up in the end and bought sealed hubs 🙂

cyclistm
    Free Member

cheers guys, have e-mailed SBC, but nothing yet.

I think it's new wheel time – so frustrating (and expensive)

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Try SJS Cylcles, they always seem to have what everyone else doesn't stock.

If you buy from them, look at thier workshop sweepings also. Great lucky dip of usefull all sorts.

UH

nbt

You can get replacement cones for shimano wheels, my mate replaces some recently. You just need the hub code and any shimano dealer can order them for you – my LBS has a massive chart on the workshop wall with about 40 different cones on it

yetidave
    Free Member

I got a new set of cones from my lbs (who usually are amazing at getting odd stuff in), which were the right pitch for the bearings, but the wrong shape on the outside for the dust seal (old shimano hubs), so the dust seal sits about 2mm away from actually sealing anything – very interested in above now, will go and inspect hub for code.

cyclistm
    Free Member

yeah – petra cycles very good for shimano bits. Stuggling with these hubs though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Cones’ is closed to new replies.