Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replacement BB bearings
  • stayhigh

Morning All

After the joys of winter I’ve got 2 BB’s that need the bearings replaced. IIRC there was a place you could send them off to to have this done but cant for the life of me think were it is 🙄

Any idea’s chaps?

100mphplus
    Free Member

Just buy some bearings and do it yourself it’s easy. Bearings only cost a couple of £ each.

mark_b
    Free Member

I’ve had them replaced at BTED. Bearings seem to be lasting well.

Northwind

stayhigh, that’d be BETD but with many BBs, as long as you can operate a hammer you can change the bearings.

Not at all impressed with the enduro bearings though, they last roughly as well as a Deore BB which isn’t too hot and just not worth the hassle IMO. Might try something else next time.

toys19
    Free Member

Might try something else next time.

If you’ve used enduro then you’ll probably have chucked the little plastic top hats, in which case unfortunately there isn’t anything else.. I scavenge for plastic top hat washers whenever I can.

stayhigh

All in favour of having a go myself, how do you get the bearings out of the cups?

cp

hammer and screwdriver!

Northwind

toys19 – Member

“If you’ve used enduro then you’ll probably have chucked the little plastic top hats, in which case unfortunately there isn’t anything else.. I scavenge for plastic top hat washers whenever I can.”

I never throw anything away 😆 There’s about 4 worn out BBs in the garage Though it might be a bit hard to find them in The Heap. I did destroy one by, um, trying to fit it into an enduro bearing, doh…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Replacement BB bearings’ is closed to new replies.