Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replacement battery Canon SLDR – any recommendations?
  • Albanach
    Free Member

Or is OEM the best way to go?

Mikkel
    Free Member

I have got this for my 7D mk2, seems as good as the Canon ones and at half the price. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GPUNYE2

Camera is picking them up and will show battery status which does not work on many of the cheaper ones.
    Have had some even cheaper ones but they all failed quite quickly as well as having the issue mentioned above.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

From about four years ago, I’ve had a couple of non-genuine Nikon batteries that last OK, and four that last about half as long. One of the better ones expanded slightly shortly after I first used it, but it still works the same as it ever has. None of them last long enough to be serviceable in video mode; OEM only for that.

I’d buy OEM replacements as I know what I’m getting; non-OEM is a lottery. I’m also slightly uneasy leaving them on charge if I’m not around.

rs89
    Free Member

I’d buy OEM replacements as I know what I’m getting; non-OEM is a lottery. I’m also slightly uneasy leaving them on charge if I’m not around.

This +1. Have played the non-OEM lottery with varying success with my Nikon cameras. Some worked fine, some had no longevity at all.

I’d stick with OEM batteries.

cp

I use ExPro batteries in my cameras – either direct or through their amazon shop. Very good, life at least as good as the originals, in some cases much better (for my Sony!)

bigyinn
    Free Member

+1 for Expro.
    I’ve had a couple of their their for two different camera. Seem to give similar life to the OEM ones.
    The second one I purchased seemed to have swelled before I used it, so a replacement was sent with no hassle.

hammyuk
    Free Member

OEM or Duracell in mine – 350 and 5D.

plyphon
    Free Member

What’s a “SLDR”?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Its a high end typo.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is it a crop or a full frame typo?

maccyb
    Free Member

Another +1 for ExPro here

stumpy01

I think Hama are pretty well known for replacement batteries for SLRs.

Mymemory seem to do them, as well as Duracell ones:

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/photo-video/photo/camera-batteries.html

I’ve had reasonable success with Hahnel over the years

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Replacement battery Canon SLDR – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.