Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replacement Anthem stem not Giant
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Evening all,
    Building an, as light as poss, XC bike and I want to change the stock stem for something different and light (80-100mm?)

Any ideas anyone (pref not another Giant)

Olly
    Free Member

Its a stem?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/stems?f=2258,4294964821,4294964829,4294964877,4294966775,4294966303

80, 90 and 100. Carbon and Ti.

Then again, i cant get myself worked up about weight. I would rather fit and forget.

pipiom
    Free Member

I know it’s a stem, but it needs to fit an 1 1/1/4 steerer (I assume????)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Overdrive 2?
    Ritchey and Syntace do them…..and both are (or at least were) a bugger to get hold of.

blastit
    Free Member

only needs to be 1 1/4 if overdrive 2 otherwise 1 1/8

pipiom
    Free Member

It’s overdrive 2

westernator
    Free Member

Hi guys…pipiom posted on my behalf cus im new and couldnt post…
    after doing the Cape Epic this year on my anthem i returned home with a very “tired” looking bike
    the bike performed like a dream but there was no option for me to upgrade to a carbon frame..so in my wisdom i decided to give the bike a complete rebuild with new forks,wheels and 1×10 chainset to see how light i could make my x1 29er..
    frame was looking tatty and chipped so ive had the paint removed and waiting to get a polished frame back…
    only 1 1/4″ stem i can find is a giant contact slr od2 …road stem or can you fit these on a mtb?????
    will post pictures when built,hopefully this week

mark88

I would double check this, but Im pretty sure you can use forks with standard steerer, in which case you won’t be limited to Giant stems.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Have a look at this thread.

Ritchey, Pro, Zipp and Giant all do them. I went for a Pro when replacing one on my road bike. Stems aren’t really road or mtb specific, just get one with the drop and length you need.

That is assuming the new fork has a 1 1/4 steerer.

munrobiker
    Free Member

If you’ve not swapped the forks yet then you can just use ones with a 1 1/8″ steerer and a new headset. Otherwise Ritchey stems are in stock on Amazon-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dsports&field-keywords=Ritchey%20WCS%204-Axis%2044%20Stem%201-1%2F4

Olly
    Free Member

My bad! I bought an overdrive 2 giant frame only, and it came with two headsets. One for OD forks, one for normal forks. You need to find out what it is you need! Tbh giant stuff is excellent. They have the muscle power to make their own brand stuff in house rather than sub it out and get standard stuff restickered. I would check the stem you have is actually unsuitable.

westernator
    Free Member

problem solved now..bought new fox forks now so 1 1/8 steerer and an endless list of stems..shop said just need different headstock bearings..(dont think fox do an aftermarket fork for OD2)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Anthem stem not Giant’ is closed to new replies.