Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replacement 10sp Chain
  • variflex
    Free Member

Its probably been done to death before, but the search tool isnt very good, so….

Ive got XT and XTR setups and need to replace a couple of chains. What does everyone recommend without breaking the bank?

weeksy

are they Dyna Sys setups ?

I’ve been wondering why my drivetain is a bit noisy and i rekon it’s because i’ve been running an SRAM chain on a Dynasys ring/cassette, i’ve just bought a 10 sp Dynasys chain to prove/disprove my theory. They’re only £26 for an XT mate… it’s hardly breaking the bank is it ?

variflex
    Free Member

Not sure about Dyna Sys, but one’s 2011 XTR and the other 2012 XT.
    Ive heard there are better chains for the money than stock XT or XTR…but wasnt sure which ones. KMC springs to mind and some places had good deals meaning for £25 you get a far superior chain than stock.

Was after some web links to good deals I guess

JoeG
    Free Member

I have a KMC and a SRAM chain for my 2×10; I alternate between the two chains. I can’t tell the difference when riding. I use a KMC missing link on both, bought in a 6 pack online really cheap.

cnud
    Free Member

KMC x10 93 for me, nice and cheap and they don’t snap unlike Shimano and Sram do on my bikes

curvature
    Free Member

Connex gold. Looks great and comes apart without tools.

kimbers

clarks selflubricating

light strong re-useable joning link
    done a couple hundred miles so far and seemsgood

very impressed and cheap off amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006VCX5N0/ref=asc_df_B006VCX5N012269261?smid=A3S2PBH0CZ4K9E&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B006VCX5N0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Replacement 10sp Chain’ is closed to new replies.