Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replacement 1" headset for an Islabike
  • ac505
    Free Member

Okay, I know everybody on STW loves their Islabikes and saying something negative about them would be about as popular as reintroducing fox hunting……

Anyway, the headset on my son’s 20 Beinn is clearly the cheapest rubbish 1″ unsealed headset Islabikes could find. A few months of use, primarily on road, and it is toast. Anyhow, any suggestions out there for a reasonable replacement 1″ SEALED headset, say £20 or less? Cheers.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I can’t help with a replacement but the one on my daughters was a pile of shite. Completely seized up and had a constant stream of orange corrosion pouring out of it after seeing a tiny bit of rain. The wheel bearings are the same. No sealing in either.

qwerty
    Free Member
    ac505
    Free Member

not that much.

crezzy

Miche do 1″ headsets

Daffy

Have you asked Islabike?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Strong light or m part do a few 1″
    But if guess you need to spend more than 20 to get a good one

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stretch an old inner tube section around the lower race.

ac505
    Free Member

I’ll not involve islabikes, I would rather not fit another crappy headset that is not much use. Ordered a Ritchey headset, sealed bearings etc, we’ll see if it is any use.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

cane creek do a 1″ one, often found on ebay

it’s very good

ac505
    Free Member

In fairness to Islabike, they have sent a replacement headset to me, but I can’t see it lasting more than a few months before it is knackered too unless its a different design or I go for the old inner tube trick around the cup and cones.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Replacement 1" headset for an Islabike’ is closed to new replies.