Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Repeat punctures with Continental Mountain King tyres
  • trailgod
    Free Member

As above – have had 5 punctures in last 3 rides (same wheel)
    Have checked rims for spoke nipples fouling through rim tape,thorns still in tyre after changing inner tubes etc. Turned tyre inside out to check last night then found wire spun on outer of tyre & would not refit back onto rim after changing tube ! Has anyone else had these problems ? Is this a problem with these tyres ? Any advise before I set light to ’em (only used 4 times – folding tyres b.t.w.)

richmars

No problems here. Use them all the time, including this years Kielder100. (non folding type so not very useful)

uplink
    Free Member
    gothandy

I used 2.4 mountain kings with inner tube (29er) and had no issues with punctures (and I saw a few people getting punctures on other setups), sounds like you might have a dud? What pressure are you running. I’m going about 35psi.

Northwind

IME any time Continental make a “protection” model it means the standard model is about as tough as a sausage skin.

treefeller
    Free Member

On our last ride out ( 10 of us at Innerleithen ) the ONLY people who had puntures were on 2.4 M kings. 2 of them had 5 flats!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Repeat punctures with Continental Mountain King tyres’ is closed to new replies.