Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Repairing speakers – how much can it cost?
  • mieszko
    Free Member

My brother bought used B&W DM620 series speakers. Had to collect them and when connected them to his amp turned out tweeters don’t work. Seller said they work fine. My brother is on holidays now and I have to return them.

Seller said he’s ok to take them back but I was thinking how much would a repair cost. Tweeters look ok, no rips or tears so probably something inside. I’ll have to pay for the petrol/postage cost and was wondering if it would be a £20-30 job I would just save myself some hassle.

Anyone know how much can it be to repair tweeters/speakers or replace them? Or should I just send them back and get the money back as it’ll be too expensive?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Give B&W a call, they’re pretty helpful. Have you had a look inside to see if anything is wrong?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Is he bi-wiring them or standard wiring? If standard, are the little connections at the back joining the -ve and +ve terminals? If those aren’t connected you’ll only get bass or tweeters working.

Just a thought…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Repairing speakers – how much can it cost?’ is closed to new replies.