Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Repairing Nintendo DS.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Touch screen on our lads DS is faulty and was looking to maybe order a new one or send it away to get fixed. When looking I found two sites, Consolebitz and ConsoleParts4U. Has anybody used either of them? Also when checking their details, they have the same address and phone number, is it me or does this seem a bit odd?

stanfree
    Free Member

Steven try the boy that owns the HiFi/Tv shop on Leith walk down near Pilrig Street. He does all the PS3 and Xbox repairs so cant see a DS being much hassle to him.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Do you know what they are called?
    Is it this lot?

Find Us

stanfree
    Free Member

Thats the one Steven right on the corner , he was pretty competitive to fix my ps3 but in the end I did It myself .

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If it’s just a case of replacing the touch screen then the parts aren’t expensive but not sure I want to go to the trouble if it turns out that replacing it doesn’t fix it.

stanfree
    Free Member

I just sold one last week with a DSTT card for £40 as well , could have done a mates rate for you. 🙁

ScottChegg
    Free Member

You also need the special Nintendo screwdriver (3 points) without that you can’t open the case. If it isn’t included, you need to factor that into the cost.

Or take it to an expert.

rob
    Free Member

Got a screen and screwdriver off e bay last year, cost less than a fiver from one of them hong kong based electrical stores. Pretty simple job to change

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Ive done these for my lad twice. First screen was rubbish, went within a month, second lasted. Ebay sell the screens with the screwdriver included in a kit. Like the others have said they are peanuts to purchase. The hassle for me was which screen needed replacing (as one of them is a right faff). But if you’re patient and have time, buy one.

chojin
    Free Member

Got a DS lite in White with one of those super card jobbies, yours for £50 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Repairing Nintendo DS.’ is closed to new replies.