Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Repairing a gash in a tubeless tyre
  • el_boufador

hello,
    Managed to put an inch gash in one of my bonty mud x's. They're "tubeless ready" raher than proper ust

How can I fix it? Was thinking maybe fishing line and stitch it back together may be possible, with a bit of vulcaniing solution to fill the gaps? Not convinced about patching the hole from the inside – won't the flexing tyre make it come off?

Kahurangi

Park's tyre boots seem pretty flexible… but an inch gash? maybe stitch the edges together with some thread and then a tyre boot?

I know some folks seem to recommend toothpaste tube as a flexible but tough enough member to stitch on as a boot.

How did you put a gash that size in it, if you don't mind me asking 😆

br
    Free Member

ebay it, somebody will buy it – probably the same guy that bought my used Trailrakers…

rolfharris
    Free Member

don't you need surgery to fix a big gash?

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

It's ****. I fixed a half inch gash in a bonty tyre with some extra large tubeless repair plugs, but even that was pushing it. I still check it several times each ride…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

don't talk shite. All you need to do is stitch it with floss/fishing line, repair patch on the inside and one on the outside – DONE IT MANY TIMES

snowpaul
    Free Member

patch it and use with a tube???

paul

el_boufador

Thanks all. Will try stitching/patching. No idea hat did it – I was just potering down the road at the time – must have been glass or something.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Repairing a gash in a tubeless tyre’ is closed to new replies.