Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Repairing a dinged tubeless rim?
  • wenanwhere
    Free Member

Anybody got experiences of straightening a dinged tubeless rim? I nailed my stans 355 at the weekend and there’s a very slow fizzing coming from that area and I can see the sealant bubbling in between rim and tyre. Might try banging some more sealant in but not sure if that will work? I’m running a crossmark tubeless specific with rim tape and rim strip fyi.

cheers

Matt

mboy
    Free Member

Tyre off, use an adjustable spanner to assist in bending the rim back straight, then tyre back on with a bit more sealant added.

Just chucking more sealant in will not work if you’ve dinged the rim badly enough to affect the seal.

binners

I dinged a bontrager rhythm tubeless. After consultation with the LBS I bit the bullet and had a new rim laced to the hub. Have a word with your LBS. They’ll be able to tell you if it’s salvageable

bruneep

Have you tried taking it off cleaning it all up and refitting?

I did the same at the weekend and did the above and all is good now. If you are going to try and bend back use something like metal tyre lever on the out side edge to prevent you over bending it out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Repairing a dinged tubeless rim?’ is closed to new replies.