Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Repair or replace my Revelations?
  • jsinglet

My Revelation forks are knackers – the stanchions are very worn and they only hold air for about an hour of riding. TFtuned reckoned on 300 quid for new stanchions + service.

They’re about 2.5 years old, should I get em fixed or buy something new? Given my lack of maintainance (hence why they are knackered) could I get something more durable for not much more than the 300?

Cheers

John

FuzzyWuzzy

I certainly wouldn’t spend £300 on repairs, you can get new for about that. If they’re 130mm versions you have now I guess you have a choice between 09 120mm Reba’s and 09 140mm Revs, Merlin have good deals on atm http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/marzocchi-and-rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-suspension-forks/

Stoner
    Free Member

you could just try replacing all the seals and service it yourself?
    Are the stanchions worn with deep gouges or just anno coming off?

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

jsinglet,

You wanna buy mine?

Michael-B
    Free Member

Cycle Sports UK Rock Shox Revelation 426 Maxle Lite Air U Turn 110-140mm 2009 = £353.74

Stoner
    Free Member

that cyclesorts one is all over the place.

Air U Turn 110-140mm

140mm
    Travel Adjust: All Travel

Air U Turn offers 45mm of travel adjustment to a coil spring

eh?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

depends will you be any more/less a mechanical numpty with new forks, or after stumping up to get the current ones re-built? It only takes a few minutes to put some oil in the lowers every few weeks/months!

RealMan
    Free Member

that cyclesorts one is all over the place.

Phoned them up, much hmm’ing and uhh’ing later, they went into the warehouse to check the box. It is the 110-140mm adjustable travel air u-turn fork.

Dont know how they can make any money selling them at that price though, £160 less then evans. Still doesnt sound right.

Michael-B
    Free Member

Yep they are the same product just different colour. From what I can see Cycle Sports just have a rubbish description. They are definitely these http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/forks-suspension/product/revelation-426-air-u-turn-33673

jsinglet

They are beyond servicing I think, there are some gouges and it’s not just surface of the annodizing, it’s quite deep in one patch. I am going to take better care of the next pair.

Think I may go for another pair of revelations from Merlin, go to measure my steerer tonight first though as the Merlin ones are only 185mm

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah but the merlins 185mm ones are qr only.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Repair or replace my Revelations?’ is closed to new replies.