Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Reoccurring dreams
  • Harry_the_Spider

Once every couple of weeks I wake up in a panic in the middle of the night worried that I have to sit my university finals in 4 days and I haven’t started revising (It is always 4 days). Once I remember that I sat my finals 23 years ago and have no intention of taking an exam again, ever, I go back to sleep.

There is another reoccurring dream that involves Eva Green, but that is less terrifying. Unless she brings the massive snake.

wwaswas

I dreamt I was eating a spider once.

When I woke up I was actually eating a spider.

I still have nightmares about it.

myti
    Free Member

I have a very similar dream OP! Difference is I’m not panicked by the fact I’ve done no revision for my a levels as my young self somehow knows that I become a self employed trades person who needed no A levels or subsequent degree. I was a big worrier at school and uni about exams to the point where I really didn’t enjoy my time at uni much and so my dreams are trying to rectify this unhappiness by taking me back in time but with all my current knowledge of my life now!

globalti
    Free Member

On two very memorable occasions I’ve dreamed that I was taking a wazz and have woken up in panic to find myself wetting the bed. Since then I’ve had a Pavlovian reaction of fear whenever I relax that sphincter to take a wazz; I can’t help it; it just wells up in my mind.

woody2000

Over a period of 5 years or so in my early 20’s (so 20 years ago), I regularly had a dream about flying a Cylon raider up the M606 and round the top of Ruchard Dunn sports centre (this will only make any sense if you live in or near Bradford!). It was very real. Not sure of the significance of the ship, never a massive fan of Battlestar Galactica 🙂

I did have other dreams about flying, but this was one was always a favourite!

amedias
    Free Member

On two very memorable occasions I’ve dreamed that I was taking a wazz and have woken up in panic to find myself wetting the bed

Had exactly this when I was younger!

Now I have an inbuilt trigger that means when I dream about having/needing a wee my concious brain kicks in, and I become aware that I’m dreaming that I’m weeing and that I know that means I need an actual wee, so I wake up 😯

So basically somehow my brain has wired itself so that if I need a wee in the night, it makes me dream about needing a wee, then double bluffs itself, bullies it’s way into my dream to tell me to wake up so that I can go for a wee!

bencooper
    Free Member

I have a recurring dream about flying. It’s always very similar – it starts off when I’m running, and you know sometimes you get into sort of a lope when running where it feels a bit like you float between steps? It starts like that, the floats get longer and longer, until I’m running but not quite making contact with the ground. Then it turns into the ability to gently float upwards while standing still.

It’s a fun dream.

globalti
    Free Member

So basically somehow my brain has wired itself so that if I need a wee in the night, it makes me dream about needing a wee, then double bluffs itself, bullies it’s way into my dream to tell me to wake up so that I can go for a wee!

Ha ha, excellent.

Freud reckoned that flying dreams are actually sex dreams. I used to dream often that I could fly by waggling my shoulders. Much more frustratingly, when I was a kid whenever I was ill I would have the same dream that would go round and round in circles.

bencooper
    Free Member

Freud thought everything was about sex. Which says more about him than about the rest of us, really.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

OP, I have the same dream all the time!

I wake up panicking because I haven’t done any work and I’m going to fail for sure.

Takes an uncomfortable few seconds for me to realise that I finished uni over 10 years ago and there’s nothing to worry about.

slowjo
    Free Member

Exams….usually A Levels or finals at uni even though I graduated in 1983.

It gets worse when I have to sit exams for work. It has turned me from a basically lazy studier into someone with a pathological fear of failing because I haven’t revised enough.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Should have watched this weeks Horizon on BBC….all about dreams!

chewkw
    Free Member

OP,

I think you are stress or you have something that is seriously worrying you. Job problem? Money worry?

😛

rocketman
    Free Member

Used to have a really scary recurring dream a few years ago. I wrote about it on a forum and have never had it since

Have the flying one a lot. Kind of a brisk walk that at some point defies gravity and I fly along 3-4 m above the ground. Its really good

molgrips
    Free Member

The only one I had as a kid was swimming underwater, holding my breath (presumably for rea) then discovering that I was able to breathe underwater.

I did sometimes dream, around my mid 20s of being back in school. However I was as an adult, being made to wear school uniform and there being some terribly contrived reason why I had to go back. This is about as close to nightmares as I get 🙂

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I used to have recurring dream of kylie and danni and I panic as I don’t know which first to choose.. not so much anymore that i’m older 😉

mattbee

I keep dreaming that I’m trying to get home in Walsall by train from somewhere. Haven’t lived there for 20 years. I get to New Street ok then it always goes to rats, either no train, wrong platform or something similar. I always wake up before I’ve got there.

racefaceec90

not a recurring dream,but i had a dream today,where i was talking about bass guitar with squarepusher (tom jenkinson). i don’t yet play bass guitar (but would like to tbh/thinking about saving up for a squier cv jazz bass).

it was a cool dream tbh.

also have dreamed about both alex lifeson and geddy lee talking about both guitar and bass respectively. remember geddy showing me around his basses before a gig,and me asking him how to start practicing.

bloody cool dreams they were 8)

TheFlyingOx

Not so much recurring dreams, but all my dreams happen in the same place. It’s some city that I’m 100% sure doesn’t exist in real life, and I generally don’t realise whilst I’m dreaming, but then I wake up and think, “wait a minute, they’re the same landmarks & buildings as when I dreamt I pulled off that amazing jewel heist.”

The jewel heist would totally work, too. I’m just not quite criminal enough to actually go through with it.

johndoh
    Free Member

Now I have an inbuilt trigger that means when I dream about having/needing a wee my concious brain kicks in, and I become aware that I’m dreaming that I’m weeing and that I know that means I need an actual wee, so I wake up

Surely that’s just the same trigger we all have? Dream about peeing, you need a pee.

busydog
    Free Member

I have a recurring dream about flying. It’s always very similar – it starts off when I’m running, and you know sometimes you get into sort of a lope when running where it feels a bit like you float between steps? It starts like that, the floats get longer and longer, until I’m running but not quite making contact with the ground. Then it turns into the ability to gently float upwards while standing still

I have had an almost identical dream over many years. Sometimes go for months without it then it comes back fairly regularly. For some reason it doesn’t seem to work as well when awake.

vermillion
    Free Member

I once had a dream where somehow,I found myself taking a woman from behind in a busy shopping area.
    We were looking at our reflection in a store window and getting off on it and the fact that everyone could see us on the job.
    Up until this point,the identity of the woman was a mystery to me.
    Then she turned round and gave me a big cheesy grin,it was Vera Duckworth.
    I don’t even watch Coronation street

samuri
    Free Member

As a youngster I regularly had a dream about trying to count an infinite pile of things. Very common I’m told. It’s most likely caused by parent pressure to perform well, which I got lot of.

As I’ve got older that one has gone but I now get regular dreams about chasing things but not quite catching them, edge of fingertips stuff. Again, very common I’m told. What a pathetic waster I am.

cookeaa

I sat my finals 23 years ago…

…reoccurring…

Was an understanding of grammar not required to pass exams back then?

/Pedanttrackworld…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Reoccurring dreams’ is closed to new replies.