Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Renthal Fatbar Lite – Carbon bar
  • skiprat
    Free Member

Just about to press buy on a pair of these. At 180g and 740mm wide, should i be worried about them going pop or am i just being daft.

I’ve seen the vids of them being ridden through exploding gates and burning stone walls and as i don’t plan to do that, i think i should be ok.

Anyone using them?

reedspeed
    Free Member

don’t buy any then !,simple…

or do you want us to make a descision and buy em for ya,then get the blame !!!! 💡

skiprat
    Free Member

Just asking if other people had used them and had any issues with them.

Am happy to buy them myself but if you want to get them for me, that’d be great. I’m not waiting til christmas to get them though….

gardron
    Free Member

Use them on two bikes, brilliant bars. Look like shite, but fantastic.

reedspeed
    Free Member

FYI I’d have some ,I think people sometimes read too
    Much into what wrote about stuff,yeah admitted if they were catastrophic failings don’t buy any ,having said that you wouldn’t be able to as renthal would recall em from the market !..

Renthal know what they’re doing they’ve been makin bars for years ,if ya don’t like em I’ll have em ,just buy 760’s !..

HindlePie
    Free Member

I’ve got them, had them for 6 months, couple of light spills, still going strong. Very happy with em.

kayak23

Mate has the 760s. Barely even there but seem pretty good.
    Stop with the mank colour though Renthal. It doesn’t sit harmoniously with anything besides pond weed.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

What makes plastic strong enough to take such huge forces as exerted on bicycle handlebars, voodoo black magic that’s what. sacrifice a chicken when you buy them, if you turn a death tarot card anytime in the near future, sell them on. HTH.

hora
    Free Member

Well I’ve fallen off a few times now on my Easton Carbon bars. Never checked them and been more bothered about checking the stanchions on my forks for any damage 😀

The bad ting to do is over-tighten your stem or controls.

duir
    Free Member

Absolutely hammered a set of the carbon fatbar lite’s for the past 8 months on a 160mm bike. Used on downhill tracks and some of the roughest rides around Scotland and the Lakes with zero issues. You would have hit something seriously hard to get anywhere near breaking these. 740mm sounds a little undersized according to latest trends but in reality it’s a perfect size especially if you ride steep tight wooded stuff.

skiprat
    Free Member

Cheers duir and others, thats what i was looking for.

Just need to check my rise and hit the button.

hora
    Free Member

740mm sounds a little undersized according to latest trends but in reality it’s a perfect size especially if you ride steep tight wooded stuff.

I went from 685mm to the excellent Havens 711mm to 760mm Havoc carbons. I ended up cutting off 10mm each side as for everything- anything over 740mm seems ‘mbuk magadvertising land’.

duir
    Free Member

Lest’d face it, if some of the top enduro racers (Jared Graves, Fabien Barel etc) find the carbon bars strong enough then they are definitely good enough for us normals!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I ended up cutting off 10mm each side as for everything- anything over 740mm seems ‘mbuk magadvertising land’.

Brilliant. Is this the Fashion Biker™ v2 bingo phrase?

welshfarmer

just had delivery of a set of these. Look to be spot on and great price compared to the Renthals

http://www.xcracer.com/shop/viewproduct.php?productid=263

matther01
    Free Member

I have had the Mt Zooms for over a year and zero problems…look 10 times better and cost a lot less than the Renthals. They just don’t come in as many rises etc.

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve got renthal fatbar lite carbon bars. Had no issue with them, plenty stiff enough and after a few spills they’re still showing no signs of damage.

SOAP
    Free Member

Bookmarked as I would like a pair of these for Xmas.
    Sounds like A touque wrench is essential..

Del

you can get those torque keys that are pre-set for 5Nm. bontrager and the like make them ( or at least stamp their names on them ). often the key is a torx for disc screws but with some heat you can remove that and fit a key of your choice.
    they’re about 15-20 quid.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Do you mean for torquing the stem faceplace screws?

For the controls I just tighten them enough so they’d move out of the way if I stacked it, but not enough so I can’t move them with a determined push.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Renthal Fatbar Lite – Carbon bar’ is closed to new replies.