Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Renthal fatbar carbon bar and duo stem owners advice.
  • hunty155
    Free Member

Well anyone with a carbon bar really.

Whilst Riding today I kept hearing a creaking noise from the bar and stem area. Initially though they were going to snap and I would die. On second thoughts I thought it might be the stem bolts not all torqued the same?

Am I just being paranoid or is there actually an issue? Should they make a noise at all?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Isn’t creaking a feature of Renthal stems?

Everyone I know who tried one has sold it, after being driven mental by the constant creaking.

StuE
    Free Member

I have a Duo stem, not a peep from it

jam-bo

I have a Duo stem, not a peep from it

Same here, followed the instructions. Quiet as a mouse

neilforrow

StuE +1. Mine (duo stem) is silent. Used with regular fat bars tho. Get some carbon paste in the mount? Having said that I’d phone Renthal. They are helpful guys.

misinformer
    Free Member

You can get these expanding shims now that slide down the inside of the bar and turn it into a solid mofo

You can then gleefully grease under the heads of the bolts and torque em down way way more that way,

silence = golden

lw246
    Free Member

Just bought a new stem to replace my duo. Finally got fed up with having to take the bars, top cap, spacers ect off every few weeks to grease the damned thing to keep it quite!
    As Hob Nob says, creaking seems to be a ‘feature’

hunty155
    Free Member

Cheers guys. give it a good grease, carbon paste and then get them all torqued down seems to be a good start. If it’s still noisy I’ll get rid. It’s driving me insane.

sq225917
    Free Member

Creaking isn’t a feature, follow the damn instructions and use a torque wrench. Creaking is a result of not RTFM. My mate Craig’s creaked for weeks after he fitted them, i refitted them, never a creak since. My Carbon lite and Duo have never creaked.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

lol your stem came with a manual?

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Hob Nob – Member
    Isn’t creaking a feature of Renthal stems?

Everyone I know who tried one has sold it, after being driven mental by the constant creaking.

ah yes internet/pub talk…

everyone i know with one (which consists of me and one other) has never had a peep from theirs.

ChrisI

Another duo and carbon combo here, as above grease and torque properly and it will be fine. Don’t blast it all with a jet wash either, that’s always a good way to flush the grease out again!

VanHalen

Grease stems? The things we put up with for a brand name…

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Running a standard Renrhal stem and bars and all is fine.

Have run carbon in the past and did get some creaking, but not enough to worry me.

Rorschach
    Free Member

mine did….now it does’nt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Renthal fatbar carbon bar and duo stem owners advice.’ is closed to new replies.