Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Renthal duo stem 70mm?
  • tinytimbo
    Free Member

As the title, does anyone know if they are bringing a 70mm version out?
    Really need a new stem and it would be nice to go renthal.

The offererings from hope don’t do it for me.

Or can anyone else recommend a real nice sturdy 70/75mm length stem?

timmys

Easton Haven would my choice. Thompson X4 probably the other front runner.

eddie11
    Free Member

dont hold your breath

renthal talked about when the 50mm one came out 2, 3, years ago? i think i emailed a year ago and they said its on their to do list but since then I’ve seen more talk of shorter still 🙁

eshershore
    Free Member

owned a 50mm Renthal Duo and 50mm Thomson X4 at same time on different bikes

with same bars on each bike (750mm Renthals) did not seem to be much in it really?

currently using 70mm Thomson X4 on trail bike, works just fine, nothing to report

tinytimbo
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I own 2 Thomson X4’s already.

The one I want to replace Is a 90mm one.
    I’ll be doing a bit of light downhill on occasions so want something a bit more burley.

Easton Havoc looks good, shame about the Renthal not being available as I have the fat bar already

Northwind

No need to be too choosy about stems really, any decent one will do the job- just a case of price, looks and weight, bad ones can be a bit flexy so don’t buy a bad one but I’ll give an entire scottish pound to anyone who can go for a ride and tell the difference between my £25 KCNC and their highly expensive whatever…

banner41
    Free Member

I contacted renthal about a year ago and they said they were bringing out a brand new
    Stem in different lengths in the summer . Obviously this has come and gone .. So maybe best contacting them for an update

Bagstard
    Free Member

Whilst I like the look of my Renthal stem and it matches my bars and chainring I wouldn’t buy it again.It can get a little creaky after a while and has to be taken apart, cleaned and covered in anti seize, my previous Hope didn’t have this issue.

honourablegeorge

Check out the Syntace Megaforce 2 stem – I just picked one up for half the price of a Renthal, comes with Ti bolts as standard, is 122g compared to the 143g for the 50mm Eenthal, comes in all sizes from 30mm (!) to 90mm, and is rated for DH use with 800mm bars with no rider weight limit

http://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=3&pk=2050

greeble
    Free Member

One fugley stem

bikeneil
    Free Member

I like Syntace but that stem looks like it’s off a £150 bike.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Renthal duo stem 70mm?’ is closed to new replies.