Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Renewables class action – Stenfield & Co
  • geoffj

Just received a letter from a Stenfield & Co Legal International (Warrington) asking if I want them to represent me as part of a series of class actions against renewables installers. It seems that they are looking to get the cost of the installations refunded because the savings haven’t been as advertised and that promises around RHI payments have not been realised.

I had my system(solar thermal for hot water) fitted by a mate at mates rates and will definitely not be pursuing anything, but I suspect many may be persuaded.

Interesting times. 😕

ThePinkster

I’ve got PV’s fitted and TBH neither Mrs. Pinkster nor myself have never been impressed by the returns compared with what was promised, and have further problems with the installer since it broke (now mostly sorted though).

I’ve not heard about this but think I may now be Googling it shortly to see if there’s anything genuine about it.

ThePinkster

Although this makes interesting reading.

After a little investigation it sounds a little dodgy to me.

geoffj

The MSE forum post makes interesting reading, but the letter I’ve received is different.
    There is no mention of payment method (MSE refers to credit cards only) and my installer is very much still trading. They are probably just chancers, but if you consider the facts, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some sort of action in the future.

Edukator
    Free Member

Solar thermal will pay for itself in less than the predicted 11 years due to electricity/gas price rises. The PV has produced about 5% more than predicted and payments have followed inflation. PV break even is a few months away after six years.

There are some honest installers about.

geoffj

Edukator – Troll
    Solar thermal will pay for itself in less than the predicted 11 years due to electricity/gas price rises. The PV has produced about 5% more than predicted and payments have followed inflation. PV break even is a few months away after six years.

There are some honest installers about.

You are in sunnier continental europe though IIRC?

ThePinkster

Having just checked out their website I reckon it’s a phishing type mail, maybe not so much for your information but for business.

Edukator
    Free Member

Yes, but the estimate was based on the same sunshine records that are used to calculate production and return periods anywhere. Feed the data on the map for your location into the calculation and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t get the production predicted. There’s no perceptible drop in PV production due to the age of the panels yet.

hels
    Free Member

geoffj – do you know how they got your personal details for the letter ? That is very specific information. ICO might be interested in this too.

bigjim

No different from ambulance chasers – I’m still getting calls and texts offering compensation from an accident I was in 5 years ago, mostly around the anniversary of the incident. No idea where they get all the details of it and me from, if they weren’t such bottom feeders I’d be alarmed.

geoffj

geoffj – do you know how they got your personal details for the letter?

Nope – I ‘m pretty sure my installer friend won’t have (knowingly) sold the info, which leaves the registration scheme / Scottish government to consider. 😐

footflaps

No idea where they get all the details of it and me from, if they weren’t such bottom feeders I’d be alarmed.

Your insurance company probably sold them on!

ThePinkster

Adrian Flux used to be notorious for this. They don’t sell on their own clients details, just the other party implicated in a claim, or so I’m lead to believe (following a claim we had against them and other people who have been in similar situations).

geoffj

The insurance company don’t know I had them fitted.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Renewables class action – Stenfield & Co’ is closed to new replies.