Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Renault Zoe
  • UncleFred
    Free Member

Auntyfred is wanting to replace her Yeti with something smaller and she quite likes the idea of a Zoe.

Does anybody have any real world experience? It will be used for short Journeys, range isn’t important. Just needs to seat 2 adults and 2 kids.

zokes
    Free Member

Just don’t let it park too near one of these, or you might end up with lots of baby cars

swedishmatt
    Free Member

We have one as a second car. Worst range middle of winter 55 miles and best was 90ish. Now we see about 70 miles after more A road drivingm. Great fun to drive fat acceleration . Rubbish suspension (hard) but fine for what it is. Isofix front passenger seat which is nice. Not any airbags in the rear which is off putting..boot big enough. Build quality so and so , front internal flap broke off. Heating died in year one but fixed under warranty. Be careful to check you can put a charging station in your garage as cablibg and the RCD unit whatever can take the load

timber

As long as range really isn’t important. Our sustainability and renewables bod had an early one, until he realised that the range wouldn’t get from his office in North Wales to site meetings in South Wales without an overnight stop to recharge half way. Each way.

twisty

A general consideration for all electric cars is to factor in the life and cost of the battery. Electric cars with Li-ion batteries work best economically for frequent short trips with top up charges between trips.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

A friend of ours has one, he likes it. His commute tends to be anywhere between 30 and 90 miles a day.

You will need to have a charge point installed at home.

Also just be aware that as these types of car become more popular the chances of being able to charge them at a furling station will become less and less

ScottChegg
    Free Member

is to factor in the life and cost of the battery

Battery is owned by and leased from Renault. If it goes wrong/weak/explodes they swap it out.

twisty

Battery is owned by and leased from Renault. If it goes wrong/weak/explodes they swap it out

I believe one can buy the battery for 7000Eur as an alternative to leasing, but in any case it’s the same difference – factor in cost of lease and any implications it may have when you want to sell the car on.

bigyinn
    Free Member

FunkyDunc – Member

Also just be aware that as these types of car become more popular the chances of being able to charge them at a furling station will become less and less
    Why? Surely if there are more about, there will likely be more charging stations also?

Sandwich

Round here you can use the charging points at Waitrose while you grab a free coffee.

twisty

Why? Surely if there are more about, there will likely be more charging stations also?

There have been subsidised incentives in some areas to help e-cars get a foothold (e.g. cheap as free London electric car) and now they have a bit of traction (plus general brexit woes) those subsidies are petering out. So there may be more charging stations built to fit demand but prices of using them is likely to rise.

Seperately, car charging points, especially rapid ones, place a high demand on the supply cables many places cannae take anymore without major electrical infrastructure upgrades.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Round here you can use the charging points at Waitrose while you grab a free coffee.

#humblebrag

the-muffin-man

Well that’s very nice.

I live in a village and park on the road, often nowhere near my house. Even if I wanted to I couldn’t use an electric vehicle. Electric may work in some case, but for many people convenient charging is too big an issue to make them viable.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Dont get one, they’re not for everyone. Its not compulsory.

I wouldn’t consider one unless I had a driveway at least, which is a shame, as for the majority of drives we do, an electric car would be ideal for our use.

stumpy01

I see quite a few on my commute (when I say quite a few, it’s all relative)….
    There’s one that parks on the business park I work at and I have seen it coming off the A14 about 12 miles away – so at a guess that person does perhaps a 20 mile each way commute. It’s parked on the road during working hours so not ‘topped up’.

It’s a nice looking car, but not sure how it compares to the Nissan Leaf in terms of cost, range, reliability etc.

hammyuk
    Free Member

“pokes head in expecting to see pics of Nicole’s daughter…..”

thegreatape
    Free Member

pokes head in expecting to see pics of pert young French girl…..

Vous êtes Donald Trump et je prétends que mes cinq euros.

EDIT – Vous avez modifié 🙂

UncleFred
    Free Member

Wifes commute is 5 miles each way, average speed of around 22mph at best. Probably 50-70 miles a week at most. No subsidies here in Guernsey, which is a shame as the island is pretty much ideal territory for EVs at only 24sq miles and a speed limit if 35mph. Electricity is reasonble, petrol is currently between £1.12 and £1.24 a litre.

Going for test drive in the Zoe and a Leaf at the weekend to see how they compare.

stumpy01

Sounds ideal for your circumstances (apart from the lack of subsidy/grant…

czthompson

We’ve got the leaf for the wifes car and it’s fab. We got it on a PCP through carwow. Worked out the same cost to keep our old banger on the road as to getting the leaf. We test drove the Zoe and it was nice, but not as nice as the leaf. Although the Zoe was a little cheaper.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Renault Zoe’ is closed to new replies.