Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Removing sticky residue from race numbers?
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

When pinning on race numbers i’m usually either stabbing myself or moaning about making holes in my skinsuit with safety pins, so this weekend was pleased to have stick on numbers as an alternative. However on removing them there is a lot of sticky residue left and a couple of washes in the machine haven’t removed much. Any tips for removing it?

wwaswas

This stuff’s always worked for me, but not used on fabrics;

stevious

I have the exact same issue. Was this Crit on the Campus by any chance?

Thinking of using some ethanol from work (or meths) and if that fails a bit of IPA. Fairly sure that’ll be safe on the fabric.

nickjb
    Free Member

so this weekend was pleased to have stick on numbers as an alternative. However on removing them there is a lot of sticky residue left

Just how pleased were you?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Yeah Crit on the Campus, at the time it felt quite pro just slapping the numbers on. They dont have to clean their own kit afterwards though!

LS
    Free Member

Thinking of using some ethanol from work (or meths) and if that fails a bit of IPA. Fairly sure that’ll be safe on the fabric.

Ethanol generally works better than isopropanol for this purpose. I tend to work in this order: Isopropanol-ethanol-acetone-xylene, if none of those work then forget it!

devash
    Free Member

Petrol lighter fluid has worked well for me on fabric. It even dissolves chewing gum. This was on cotton mind you. I’m not sure how it would react with synthetic fibres.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Removing sticky residue from race numbers?’ is closed to new replies.