• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by SST.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Removing slime from cycle top?
  • SST
    Free Member

Got a rear wheel puncture coming down a trail at speed – unclipped one foot just in case. Slime sealed the puncture within a few seconds and I kept riding. Whole process took maybe 15 seconds and I barely lost a few mph.

I was very impressed 🙂

Then when I got back to the car and took off my top I saw that I was covered with spots of the black slime. No problem – everything goes into the wash . . .

Slime doesn’t come out in the wash! Any tips before I try using “petrol” / “a hot iron & brown paper” (various advice from friends! lol)

Cheers

qwerty
    Free Member

I am an industrial chemist, what you need to do is immerse your jersey in urine, the enzymes in the urine will break down the adhesives, soaking it for a week should do it.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

stain remover like vanish or something similar, or maybe cillit bang?

Try on small area first.

maccruiskeen

slime is latex isn’t it? so as above – wee wee, ammonia, isopropyl alcohol all remove dried latex – eventually, the latter being the quickest acting, but also the most flammable.

kimbers

sounds silly but get an old grip, and use it like a pencil rubber

(my unkle borrowed my riding jacket while fitting out kitchen- i had remove a load of sealant from it!)

SST
    Free Member

cheers guys – I will try these one by one – leaving the pee option for last I think . . 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Removing slime from cycle top?’ is closed to new replies.