Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Remote alternatives for KS i950 dropper post….
  • Seeing as the actual Kindshock ones are rare as the proverbial rocking horse excrement and I’ve still not got round to going remote on my post….

….has anyone had success with any other available remote levers (and are they available)?

Ta

rob-jackson
    Free Member

the **** bros kronolog one will work as will the joplin one

Cheers Rob

Ordered a Kronolog remote – do these take gear, or brake cables – I’m guessing gear, but I want to get a braided outer.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Gear

Ta

Northwind

You’ll still need to do something about the post end, mind… The wee lever for the i950 is a separate part.

I knew I was missing something – cheers NW

JoeG
    Free Member

Some KS parts are listed here.

mechanised

Also worth looking at Pure Bike in France, might be cheaper on shipping etc. I had a few parts from them and turned up within the week.

Sorted – thanks guys

tops5
    Free Member

@ STR where can I get a Crank Bros remote please mate? Is the Kronolog one better than the Joplin (ie won’t fall off into undergrowth when cable snaps)?

@ tops 5 – no idea if they are any good, but I’ve ordered mine from Evans – seems they only have gold, but I’ll cope with that

Last time I looked at bike-discount they were out of stock – that link shows 5th Feb, so that’s probably a guess.

Ordered a kit from hi-bike last year and they led me on with expected dates for a good couple of months before I finally cancelled my order.

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

from experience….the KS remote is a piece of poop, either locks open or closed, plus it isn’t exactly ergonomic!

Northwind

From experience… KS’s remote is excellent, easy to operate, reliable, easy to service, lightweight and nicely tucked away and safer from damage than any competitor 😉

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

Maybe i got a bad one, but the £50 cost wasn’t worth it for two bits of metal! Do you not find that the cable pops out at the lever locking it open?

Northwind

Nope. Well, not if the cable’s working anyway, I damaged it in a crash once and the extra resistance did cause that to happen… It is expensive though, agreed (they simplified the design a while back but did the price go down? nope)

tops5
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys

evh22
    Free Member

I have a supernatural that doesn’t work very well (the internals are crap). If you want it to take off any spares (or make it work) you can have it for free.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Remote alternatives for KS i950 dropper post….’ is closed to new replies.