Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Remembering Reg numbers in Stressy moments.
  • marrv
    Free Member

9 times out of 10 I just cannot keep them in my head.
    Maybe the adrenaline stops the brain working properly.
    So frustrating.
    I may have to stick a pen and paper on the handlebars!
    Grrrrrrr.

soobalias
    Free Member

if its actually serious, some of, a partial, colour, make, location, will be plenty.
    if its due to irritation, let it go, maan.

serious is closer to terrorism than a close pass.

v8ninety

Some sort of camera, either phone or helmet based may assist. ‘Tis the beauty of IT, you can contract out some of your remembering requirements. More accurate than the mk1 brain, too

ampthill

If I say the number as the phonetic alphabet I stand a much better chance of rembering it. I then have a picture for each letter in my mind

Esme
    Free Member

Say it out loud, a few times. This engages a different part of your brain, so you have a double chance of recalling it.

thepurist

Use the letters to make an abusive sweary acronym. Helps you get it out of your system and remember the plate.

marrv
    Free Member

I think camera is going on sadly. Mind you, if possible maybe pull a number plate off as a reminder!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I started using a camera in November after two incidents in a month.
    After seeing how Notts police/CPS won’t act after ‘that’ incident I’m wondering why I bother.
    Mind you, I did manage to defuse a situation last month when a thug driver threatened me and I pointed out my GPS contained a camera so would happily stop and discuss the matter (it doesn’t of course, but he didn’t know that).
    On my road bike that was.

marrv
    Free Member

It will be very interesting to see what happens with Reginald Scot. I have had a few similar things happen to me. I got told to get out of the police station and go away. Though they gave me the drivers address! Which was nice.

stwhannah

I’ve noticed a large proportion of the plates I want to remember are helpfully memorable. Things like TWA T1, BR1 AN, and B3Z 4. And many other fwits helpfully drive a Toyota Hilux, which makes it much easier to spot and avoid them in the first place.

cbike
    Free Member

In a car, write it on the window with your finger – Then breath on it later to read it. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have had a few similar things happen to me. I got told to get out of the police station and go away. Though they gave me the drivers address! Which was nice.

different location but here in Oz I got that as the driver had realised I was serious about going straight to the police station so got in first and claimed a whole pack of lies. Desk officer basically said it would be too much hassle for me and I risked punishment as he claimed I had punched him first (not the case) Effectively said I wasn’t leaving till somebody took my statement and complaint.

njee20
    Free Member

Acronym or word association FTW.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Remembering Reg numbers in Stressy moments.’ is closed to new replies.