Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Remember that young lad who built the clock..
  • Northwind

I have that exact case I think, used it to carry my little guitar toolkit. It’s kind of cute, and you’d have to be a bit weird to call it a briefcase. From now on I’m calling it a bombcase.

surfer – Member

I suspect it may take a trained eye to differentiate it from a bomb.

Why do you suspect that? Nobody involved ever thought he had a bomb.

GrahamS – Member

“We have no information that he claimed it was a bomb,” McLellan said. “He kept maintaining it was a clock, but there was no broader explanation.”

I loved this. “What’s this?” “It’s a clock” “The truth? Not good enough! What is it?” “It’s a clock!” “WHAT IS THE BROADER EXPLANATION?” “It’s a clock. Ya raving mad dick” “Alright, I’ve had enough of this. Book him!” “What for?” “He says this clock’s a clock!” “Ah, telling the truth with intent to explain. Send him to gitmo!”

crankboy
    Free Member

in the absence of a like function i’ll just repost
    “I loved this. “What’s this?” “It’s a clock” “The truth? Not good enough! What is it?” “It’s a clock!” “WHAT IS THE BROADER EXPLANATION?” “It’s a clock. Ya raving mad dick” “Alright, I’ve had enough of this. Book him!” “What for?” “He says this clock’s a clock!” “Ah, telling the truth with intent to explain. Send him to gitmo!”

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

If he had have been a dis-affected youth and he had fashioned a bomb around the clock ready to commit yet another US school atrocity then I am sure he would probably have given the same reply when asked what it was.

GrahamS

But at the point they were asking for “a broader explanation” they knew it wasn’t a bomb.

In fact at no point did anyone think it was a bomb.

bruneep

If he was making a bomb it would look similar to this

Not a comedy roadrunner type mock up

surfer
    Free Member

The fact that there is no explosive, or blocks of anything that might be mistaken for explosive, is a fairly big clue.

Wouldnt know, never seen any explosive. Basically its a crap clock. Well actually it was a clock before he took it apart and put it into that little case.

Bruneep that looks like a clock to me

Also most bombs are not mains powered.

Actually even my untrained eye spotted that which makes my point for me ref you attempt to compare the 10yr olds work to this errr.. Clock. They dont compare but at least try to find one that doesnt need a mains supply!

aracer
    Free Member

Well next time I make a bomb it will be mains powered – that will put them off the scent (it will also have a whacking great clock display on the side).

GrahamS

you attempt to compare the 10yr olds work to this errr.. Clock.

Wasn’t my attempt – the 10 year made that point himself. I just mentioned it here because I thought it was a bit sad that it even crossed his mind.

Basically its a crap clock.

That I agree with. All he has done is this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1adJIqXtl4[/video]

They dont compare but at least try to find one that doesnt need a mains supply!

Huh? Both clocks needed a main supply. How would finding one that didn’t make it a fairer comparison?

Note: battery powered clocks are available. Some are even small enough to wear on a wrist…

GrahamS

Well next time I make a bomb it will be mains powered – that will put them off the scent (it will also have a whacking great clock display on the side).

This thread has probably got us on enough watch lists already.

If I were you I’d be lubing up for when the black helicopter arrives. 😉

surfer
    Free Member

Wasn’t my attempt – the 10 year made that point himself

You posted the pic.

Huh? Both clocks needed a main supply

What?? If thats the case how did the alarm go off in his backpack?

GrahamS

If thats the case how did the alarm go off in his backpack?

That’s unclear.

It’s a mains powered clock with a 9v backup battery (to stop it losing the time in a power cut).

Some reports said he plugged it in during class, he set the time and the alarm went off.

Other reports said it went beep while in his backpack – in which case maybe the beep was an alert that the backup battery was running low or something? (there is no battery in the photos but I guess they may have removed it).

lemonysam
    Free Member

If thats the case how did the alarm go off in his backpack?

Given the evidence of 7/7, the Bangkok bomb, the Boston bombings and so on I’d have thought the clock actually looked a lot more like a bomb when it was in his rucksack. I bet there were loads of kids at school that day carrying fake bombs.

aracer
    Free Member

It all becomes clear – presumably the (removed) backup battery was one of these:

surfer
    Free Member

That’s unclear.

It’s a mains powered clock with a 9v backup battery (to stop it losing the time in a power cut).

Some reports said he plugged it in during class, he set the time and the alarm went off.

Other reports said it went beep while in his backpack – in which case maybe the beep was an alert that the backup battery was running low or something? (there is no battery in the photos but I guess they may have removed it).

Loads of guessing then.

GrahamS

Loads of guessing then.

Yep – founded on loads of lazy, poor or inaccurate reporting.

bruneep

surfer

Thats the bomb (allegedly) that took the Russian plane down

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Remember that young lad who built the clock..’ is closed to new replies.