Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Remedy 9 with Angleset headset
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Hi Has anyone tried an Angleset on a Remedy, hoping to get a slacker head angle and lower the BB, 🙂

Northwind

Not on that frame but yep, it’ll do what you want. Turned my Hemlock from great to fan-****-tastic 😉

But don’t go straight to Cane Creek, the Aheadset’s very expensive compared to the competition, Works Components will most likely have what you need for under half the price.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I’m keen to try one however they are not compatible with tapered steerer tube forks, which mine is running at the moment. Needs a straight 1 1/8 fork before it will work.

Northwind

Ah. Yep, that’s a difficulty.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Offset booshes Mr M.Your is’nt 44mm headtube is it?

Reign_Man
    Free Member

Cane creek now do a angleset for tapered headtubes:

Canecreek tapered angleset

DeeW
    Free Member

Angleset won’t lower the bb. Offset shock bushes will slacken and lower. From a very friendly Irish guy who’s name escapes me. I’ve got 1 set for my 2010 remedy though not fitted yet. Can only fit one cset to 2010s due to the custom top mount on the drcv shock.

Stu661
    Free Member

Why won’t it drop your bb? Surely if you change the head angle from 68 to 67 the bb will drop.

akira

BB will drop and wheelbase will lengthen.
    Anyone know more details about the very friendly Irish guy.

love
    Free Member

yeah its going to lower the bb…I’ll measure mine (2011 9) when i fit it in the -1 deg position…
    is the Irish guy kevin@watermarkeng.ie as mentioned under Custom Tweaks latest DIRT mag page 107?

Northwind

That’ll be him- Steamer Industries. I bought a set for the Hemlock and yes he did send me the wrong parts twice but he was spot on about sorting it out.

love
    Free Member

Hello DeeW are you up for doing an update/ride comparison post fitment of the offset shock bush?
    please let me know if you do
    thanks

DeeW
    Free Member

Angleset has been advertised as leaving BB essentially unchanged, though thinking about it as head angle slackens BB will drop a little.

Not sure but I’d imagine that the offset bushes have a much greater impact on BB as HA slackens, but I could be wrong. Anyone good at geometry?

DeeW
    Free Member

Can do, but I bet it will be something along the lines of “couldn’t tell any difference!”

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks guys, CaneCreek does make one now for taper steerer, I need a head set as the one that came with the frame is knackered, so need to spend in that area, £180+ off CRC for angleset, maybe a combo of both offset bushes and headset ,,,

Northwind

Check with Works first- they’re working on a load of stuff that isn’t yet advertised, like reducer cups for different tapered standards, reducers for standard head tubes etc- they might have something that’ll suit you.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Ok northwind I’ll check them out

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Remedy 9 with Angleset headset’ is closed to new replies.