Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Religion turns your children into jerks
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member
    Frankenstein
    Free Member

A bit like Tony Blair then?

nickc

The Pew Research Center reported last year that 53 percent of Americans think it’s necessary to believe in God to be moral.

that, right there, is a depressing statistic

MrWoppit
    Free Member

On the upside, 47% of them don’t…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@nickc the US is one of many countries which are a lot more religious than the UK, if you think about the strong religious bias of the early settlers plus the high numbers of Italian, Irish and Spanish it’s not surprising

nickc

Jamby, yeah, I understand the historical background, it’s just the lack of thought that needs to happen for a sentence like that to even exist fills one with melancholy

jimdubleyou

On the upside, 47% of them don’t…

49% of them “Don’t know”

2% margin of error.

Edukator
    Free Member

Don’t judge people by what you believe their beliefs to be, judge them by their actions.

hatter

I have an American Missus who’s moved over here, part of the deal was that I’d never 100% write off living over there for a bit.

We discuss this option from time to time and currently one of several key reasons to stay put is the way that being openly atheist affects your job prospects over there.

Shame as it’s still an incredible country with some truly lovely individuals living there but all the Guns, God and terrifyingly polarised, toxic politics mean that I can’t feel much optimism about where she’s heading.

Junkyard
    Free Member

A new study in the journal Current Biology found children in religious households are significantly less generous than their non-religious peers.

At the same time, religious parents were more likely than non-religious ones to consider their children empathetic and sensitive to the plight of others.
    I am staggered to learn that those of faith dont form very accurate views of reality
    Who knew eh

Gervais and his colleagues presented participants with a story about a person who accidentally hits a parked car and then fails to leave behind valid insurance information for the other driver. Participants were asked to choose the probability that the person in question was a Christian, a Muslim, a rapist, or an atheist. They thought it equally probable the culprit was an atheist or a rapist,

😯
    It really is a strange place the Us of A

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Religion turns your children into jerks’ is closed to new replies.