Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Relevate Tangle vs Wildcat Ocelot
  • nedrapier

Anyone had hands on experince of both of these? Pros and cons of either? design, materials? It’s to go in my roadie type thing – 18.5in under the toptube from head tube to seattube, and the hardtails, an inch or so bigger.

Hints, tips and facts gratefully received.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHCw1qr_oR4[/video]

Ocelot?

kcal

Tangle is good – it fitted my old Marin hybrid very nicely – fits Peregrine less well (head tube angle/length combination).

It’s really well made though, snugs up very well with the various straps.

can’t comment on Ocelot. Cost wise – Ocelot shades it doesn’t it?

warpcow
    Free Member

Babou!!! You fox-eared asshole!

nedrapier

Kcal – interesting, thanks – my “roadie type thing” is a Peregrine. What size bag and frame have you got? I’ve got the medium that used to be a small before Sam shifted the sizes.

What’s the impact of it not fitting so well? Moves around a bit more? Reduces available space? Doesn’t look as good?

Cost wise, yep, Ocelot a couple of pints cheaper.

kcal

ned – ah, that’s interesting — let me take a photo or two and see if I can post them up for reference.

The impact is minimal – but where the head tube straps on the Marin were tightened and snug, on the Peregrine (despite the top tube being similar) they were stretched to be even close in fit. But the two sided layout is great, little pockets great, use it on short day rides to carry stuff within triangle rather than on back. can accommodate pack-a-jack, tube, pump, tools..

The Tangle is (I think) a medium, would need to check dimension. The Peregrine is a medium (newer one, 54cm top tube) I’m sure. So, newer medium if that makes sense.

I see your email in profile so may just email it in situ if that’s OK fella?

nedrapier

pics would be brilliant, email is fine. Sounds like we’ve got the same size frame.

Thanks very much indeed!

flatfish
    Free Member

They’re both pretty good but the ocelot is cheaper and it’ll be with you next day unless and at back country biking has some in stock. Direct from Revelate will be a couple weeks wait.
    Quality wise, nothing in it.

nedrapier

Thanks flatfish, I’m in no great hurry for it.

So there’s no great differences in layout, zips on the left or right, compartments, opening from the front or the back?

Chew
    Free Member
    flatfish
    Free Member

Forgot to mention, Mrs Fish has an Ocelot.
    My bike wears it more than hers. 😀
    Love it.

kcal

you should have the email/pics. I was slightly wrong, it’s the down tube angle that leaves the gap — nothing critical, nothing rattles but it’s not as good a fit as it was on my Marin. The Ocelot looks well up to scratch I have to say.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’ve just bought an ocelot. really pleased with it not – used it anger yet as i’ve only been on shorter trips.

the quality as with my other wildcat bag is second to none. and beth is really helpful.

kcal

yes, got a very helpful response form Wildcat (and Eric is good too) and may plump for an Ocelot myself..

Martin.B
    Free Member

Not seen an ocelot so cant comment between the two
    I can say however that a ‘Meduim Tangle’ fits a Meduim Swift very nicely

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Relevate Tangle vs Wildcat Ocelot’ is closed to new replies.