Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Relentless 24 update anyone?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Wondering how it is going. Anyone know?

carbon337
    Free Member

Would like to know too.

LoCo
    Free Member

Huw thomas Loco BM racing 10laps 8 hours, bit damp apparently, thats all I know.

stevious

Wetness all day so far out there I’m told.

Someone with a mental illness is winning.

Harry_the_Spider

Twitter has Jason “Terrahawk” Miles in the lead.

LoCo
    Free Member

13 laps for Huw now, still wet. Solo class

MrSparkle

Twinkly Dave out. Jase still leading! Go Terrahawk!!

LoCo
    Free Member

Huw on lap19 , wrists giving him gyp, very windy, still leading senior solo 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

the mrs` team was winning vets mixed quads (anyone that knows us will realise that statements a bit odd…..)

simondbarnes

Terrahawk Jase still a lap up with 3 hours to go 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

go terrahawk !

reeteat
    Free Member

2 hrs to go and Huw Thomas still leading senior male,
    and Jase still leading vets male, 1 lap up Cmon Tezza!

Harry_the_Spider

Who is leading out of Huw and Jason?

Harry_the_Spider

Text from Jason.

I WON. F##K YEAH!

http://twitpic.com/6xmg43

pipedream
    Free Member

Huw was in Seniors and Jason in Vets i think. Last info i had from Huw’s pit with an hour to go he was 5 laps up in the seniors.

pipedream
    Free Member

From Huw’s facebook

“I’ve done it! Winner senior male solo at Niterider Relentless 24. 336km, 8,880m climbing and hit 24 times in the face by the same branch :-)”

Bunnyhop

Well done Terrahawk.

LoCo
    Free Member

Nice one Huw! and Terrahawk as well, sounds like the conditions were filthy!

Great weekend for LocoBM racing with a 7th in Mixed teams (fours) with a team of Three at Dusk til Dawn as well 😀

stevemtb
    Free Member

Well done to the winners and everyone else who took part.

I came off around 3am (one of the trio categories), nothing major but enough to realise I needed sleep. 90 minutes sleep and felt rotten. Rain properly started when I woke up and I’m ashamed to say I never went back out 😳

Lot of people seemed to be packing up early, think first light coinciding with heavy rain killed morale!

radoggair
    Free Member

Good job Huw and Terrahawk.

Not ideal conditions by sounds of it so great result

Bewilderedsassanack

Great event (despite epic weather). Bloody knackered this morning. Hardest thing I have ever done. We managed a heroic 19th (!) in the quads, despite lugging round long travel trail bikes (mistake), sodden baggies (mistake…but not sure I could really wear Lycra) and way too little food. No idea what we had let ourselves in for.

My lowest point was the 5am shift…dark, undernourished, horizontal rain, mud, knackered, managed to imbed spiked flattie pedal into my shin, ran out of Tangfastics…….definitely be back next year 🙂

Still wondering if the guy (yellow jacket) whose lights failed completely about 5:15, in the middle of the technical singletrack section, made it out alive….didn’t see his body on the next run.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve never been rained on for 24 hours solid before. Having said that, I can’t complain about my overall solo win, 26 horrid laps of grim-ness.
    I’m still finding grit in every hole. Every hole! (sorry).

Anyway, not bad for a washed up old vet eh?

twinklydave

You were defeated by a bowl of natchos son! So don’t go getting cocky 😉

(Properly well done. It was suitably epic for your first solo win.)

terrahawk
    Free Member

Gaaarrh you just reminded me about that bowl of nachos that we left. I hate wasting food, me.

radoggair
    Free Member

twinkly……. what happened?

twinklydave

It’ll haunt you forever

terrahawk
    Free Member

half of that haggis ended up in the bin too. and my curly fries.

guacamole! mmmmmmfff

twinklydave

twinkly……. what happened?

A mixture of just having no time to ride over the past month or two, combined with some sort of bug that’s left me feeling drained after any attempts to train properly meant I was getting outclassed while I could ride and was heading for a spectacular implosion…

I felt I’d be more use helping Jase out when he was riding so well, but had to stop to do all his own spannering than just grovelling round until I made myself sick

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Relentless 24 update anyone?’ is closed to new replies.