• This topic has 47 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by deft.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Rejoining the Army
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Don’t think I’m up to the responsibility of being a officer. Just want to combine the two jobs.

crikey
    Free Member

Um, you all appear to be ignoring this bit:

What does bother me is how I approach the subject with work and my partner.
    Partner quite sternly says no.

Think about it a bit more, Eh?

parkesie
    Free Member

Had a word with someone in the know about these things, if you apply online it will be rejected, then you appeal it this will involve a medical assessment and a decision would be made from that.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

How do you mean it will be rejected? Thought that you had to do it online now. Bolton careers office contacted me 24 hours after my online medical came back.

parkesie
    Free Member

In a computer says no kind of way, the mrs works for capita in the recruiting bit. Of your going through careers office id hope it would simplify things for you.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Regardless of the format of the application, you’ll still have to do the medical and all other associated tests. Not getting how the faux rejection and subsequent appeal works in anyones favour; mistake, deliberate, loophole or otherwise!? I personally would not want to join any organisation on the back of an appeal….

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Just trying to get the pros and cons of being a civvie Rgn vs an Army Rgn. The money is better in the Army. Need to get round the big obstacle that is the missus.

deft
    Free Member

I believe that applications for rejoiners still go to Glasgow for occupational health types to look at, but you now need a Capita bod to submit this for you. As parkesie says though, if you tick the wrong box on the website you have to launch a medical appeal before Capita will talk to you again. That said if you have an interview booked you might have dodged this hurdle already.

climbingkev – I can’t remember exactly but the website asks you something like ‘are you currently taking any medication?’. If you click yes – for any reason – you have to launch a medical appeal and get your GP involved. This is in what used to be the ‘walking into a careers office and asking for a leaflet’ stage and is understandably putting people off.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Rejoining the Army’ is closed to new replies.