Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Rejoice!!!! Some fantastic news to start the week with!
  • binners

God/Allah be praised

Now if they could just do a KLF and delete their back catalogue, then all would be at one with the world 😀

senorj

sing hosanna, sing hosanna…….. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

I particularly liked their last number “Start off slow then speed up a bit”. Or was that the one before, or the one before that?

Over the summer I had to wait with my irritable kids in a queue to meet Peppa Pig with a loop of Bumford and Sons playing in the background for about an hour. I’ve had better days.

camo16
    Free Member

😥

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They’re greatest talent is how many litres of STW piss they boil.

I was amused by them constantly being referred to as “The band, Mumford & Sons” when Glastonbury was on, while the Rolling Stones were simply referred to as “The Rolling Stones”.
    What better evidence can there be that you haven’t quite made it yet to celebrity status, than that you need to be introduced by an improvised title.

The cyclist, MidlandTrailquestsGraham.

Lifer
    Free Member

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as4O2ZorKP8[/VIDEO]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What better evidence can there be that you haven’t quite made it yet to celebrity status, than that you need to be introduced by an improvised title.

They’re not quite as famous as The Rolling Stones? A remarkable deduction.

nbt

I loved the KLF and think that deleting their back catalogue was up their with burning a million quid in “up-their-own-arse-ness”.

At least I was able to get hold of the albums.

Nice. V Subtle.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wonder if their taking-a-break has anything to do with one of their members being seriously ill back in June. Though, given that the OP can happily see the humour in sexual harassment, seeing the funny side of that chap’s illness is pretty mild.

You have to feel for the fans in the USA that had Jack Johnson as a replacement when the Mumfords appearance was cancelled though. 😀

binners

If you’re going to bow out, do it properly though eh? 😀

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I was bought their first album last year. I listened to it a couple of times and although I didn’t hate it I do find their whole ‘thing’ a bit too contrived. Not my cup of tea but then I like real folk music hence my mum buying me the album thinking ‘oooh he’ll love this authentic folk pop combo, they have scruffy beards and waist coats and everything.’

iolo
    Free Member

I understand one of their members has been ill and that is sad.
    What I believe the OP is getting at though (and I agree totally) is their music is completely and utterly crap. As they are having a long break none of this ear bleeding violin squeeling garbage will be produce for a while (hopefully never).

DezB
    Free Member

Mumford & Sons giving up music. About as significant an event as a fart in an erupting volcano.

bikebouy
    Free Member

* is dissapoint

chakaping
    Free Member

I wonder if their taking-a-break has anything to do with one of their members being seriously ill back in June.

Apparently it’s the more general stress of being successsful and playing big venues that has proved a bit too much for them.

Who’s going to keep the grandad rock flame burning now though?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Folk Music for people who don’t like / know what Folk music is.

Klunk
    Free Member

Too open ended for my liking…. I’d like it to be, well, more permanent! Plane or fiery tour bus crash would fit the bill.

Hobster
    Free Member

Is there any talk of solo careers?

therealhoops
    Free Member

Yay! **sniper team standing down**

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

They’re like Larkrise to Candleford: the musical
    Here’s hoping they all buy farms, take up artisan cheese-making and never bother our ears again

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Deep, deep joy in the heartfold.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Are they the twonks in the sausage advert?

D0NK

Are they the twonks in the sausage advert?

I presumed they were some ad creation trying to sound like mumford&sons, but a google suggests they are a real band, the molloys

binners

Oh dear god! They’ve not spawned imitators, have they?

emsz
    Free Member

I quite like the Mumfords ( and they did a better set that the Stones at Glasto this year)

Folk Music for people who don’t like / know what Folk music is.

It is ok for other people to like different music, y’know

wors

I think you protest too much Binners and secretly love them, along with road bikes…. 😆

brakes
    Free Member

it’s all a ploy. they’ll be back, and there will be rapture. and more album sales. a re-envisigated electro-funk break-beat Mumford and Grandsons. and more rapture. and a tour of Asia.com.

your elation at the demise is all part of their plan.
    you have been sucked in. entrapped.
    sucker.

edlong
    Free Member

Don’t worry, for those who like their pop tinged with a bit of folkiness, The Levellers are still going..

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Rejoice!!!! Some fantastic news to start the week with!’ is closed to new replies.