Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Regular forum user seeking help from you all…………
  • dogbert
    Free Member

Done – Hope it helps

Junkyard
    Free Member

just read bonkers
    I have no issue with swingers free world and all that but I dont know any what do i say?
    I know some gay people and I dont like them all what do i say
    very odd and very all or nothing

scaled
    Free Member

Done but I cant help thinking that you’ve sampled ‘mountain bikers that frequent an internet forum during the day’ rather than ‘trail centre riders’

cakefacesmallblock

Done, but if you’d told us it was a psycological test I’d never have agreed.
    Hope it makes sense to you. Most of the nutters wear the white coats. 😕

No room for grey areas then ? Sometimes I like loud , wild parties, soemtimes I’d rather chat soberly. Some of my friends are gay, some gay folk annoy me. I’ve done a few drugs in years gone by, but never felt any particular need. I hope I’m far from narcissistic , but quite happy that I never know what to expect from myself ! How dull would that be ?

mickeyb0305
    Free Member

Overwhelmed by amount of responses much appreciated to all those that have taken time out to complete survey.

I also appreciate the constructive feedback, I know questions aren’t best but they the industry standard so to speak for sensation seeking and self confidence research, apparently.

The unconstructive feedback is to be expected, freedom of speech and all that.

Searching for the right survey/questions was a bit like finding the perfect bike……. Had to go with something!

Thanks again to those who have or will go on to complete survey.

Mike

stratobiker
    Free Member

Done.
    Good luck with it.
    SB

Suggsey
    Free Member

Done, can see where some of the questions that seem bizzare will show through against other behavioural traits/thoughts.
    Good luck with your degree 😉

pmc00per
    Free Member

Done. I dread to think what it says about me.

tk46hal
    Free Member

I’ve finally finished and now lost the will to live! 😕

eviljoe
    Free Member

Done.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Had a pop, pretty odd questions, seemed to end up with things like “well, I don’t hate gays, so I must want to meet some” going round my head to get to an answer. When really I am pretty ambivalent, not really botherered if you are gay, bi or straight. Oh, and just because I want to jump out of a plane doesn’t mean I think I actually could, but the question said do I want to so…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Done HTH and good luck with your studies.

project
    Free Member

seems there are some sexual questions, like on a dating site.

You lonely after new freinds or just sex.

xcentric
    Free Member

weird.

first, there aren’t “industry-standard” questions.

second, there are a lot of ethical issues involved in asking people about sexuality and other activities, and getting informed consent from people before you start, and you seem to have missed this…..

also, any questionnaire allows for a range of answers, not black or white perspectives – only poorly-designed ones that try to push a particular perspective have these.

I suspect your coursework is actually asking you to question this methodology and approach. If you were at the University I work at (and sit on the ethics committee of) the you’d get a poor mark from blindly following instructions in the face of so many obvious issues.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I filled it in but it seemed to be more about the qualities needed to win in sport as opposed to anything I can relate to mountain biking, which is about getting fit, pootling around, and er, basically not racing anyone!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Done.

I conclude that mountain bikers must party on, smoke weed and have sex at swingers parties until the beer stops flowing judging by those questions.

matt_outandabout

So I didn’t answer it as it seemed to bear no relation to any of my mountainbiking experiences or thought process…So here are some thoughts why I do bike.

scaredypants

DOne – whoever constructed it is an arse though

(or a lot cleverer than me, I suppose)

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Done.

Weird. No mention of chainsaws, axes, knives, Audi’s, Thatcher, Lefties….

Pretty unrelated to here overall!

69er
    Free Member

Done. I’m not sure why.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Not done, for all the constructive reasons given above. Incredibly weak survey methodology.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Done

Hope it helps

robsoctane
    Free Member

A- I would like to meet some persons who are homosexual (men or women).
    B- I stay away from anyone I suspect of being “gay” or “lesbian.”

A- I would like to meet some persons who are homosexual (men or women). B- I stay away from anyone I suspect of being “gay” or “lesbian.” A

B

How bloody stupid – I don’t particularly want to meet gay people but I don’t want to particularly want to meet straight people either! I had to answer but the options are both so far from the truth that my ‘answer’ doesn’t count.

I suppose there’s some meaning to this survey but not being in the middle of it, I’ve no idea of what it’s value is.

Good luck with your work though OP. 😀

aP
    Free Member

I’m sure that I’m down on your list of not constructive but I truly can’t believe that your academic institution has allowed you to ask some of those questions, actually I might contact them to find out.
    The options for some of those questions are so judgemental and in my opinion quite ignorant that I am still amazed that anyone could still ask them in the 21st century – I might have expected it in Burnley in the 70s but not in 2012.
    Oh, good luck with your degree 🙂

oldnpastit

Sorry. I gave up wasting brain power trying to make sense of the questions.

timc
    Free Member

done, became quite bizarre!?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Done.

Again, curious about what the ansers to the questions on the 2nd page will indicate about our personalities: I didn’t want to learn to skydive or learn to fly a plane (I have in the past looped, stalled, barrel rolled etc a plane, but riding a bike is cheaper and less ecologically unsound), because I have reservations about avaition and fuel/carbon rather than a fear of heights etc.

…And narcissistic folk don’t necessarily like losing control with drink and drugs, or hanging round or partying with other people who are ‘risky’ in terms of showing them up or making them look foolish.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I started and got quite a way in. Then the questions and potential answers stopped making sense so I quit it. Not a good survey. It felt like I was being pushed towards fitting in some sort of box…so I’m oot.

alpin
    Free Member

started doing it and felt the questions on the second page were a bit shit.

what task or competition?

then i read some of the other responses to the survey and decided to carry on. now on Q29 and have found it somewhat contrived. what has the ethics dept. got to do with it, anyway?

i’ll continue answering, but only because i’m bored….

alpin
    Free Member

new drugs? old drugs make you hallucinate. new ones make my eyes go funny and my jaw sideways….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOBwyPKmVE0&feature=related[/video]

alpin
    Free Member

actually, this is funnier….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MjxF04WlQQ&feature=related[/video]

alpin
    Free Member

no… can’t do it… i’ve given up.

any answers i give can’t be counted as they don’t reflect what i feel (surely the whole point of a survey). questions are too black and white and obscure.

what if i do already bodysurf, or have gay friends or am a swinger myself?

sorry…

Junkyard
    Free Member

what if i do already bodysurf, or have gay friends or am a swinger myself

well given the drugs answer i would go for wild weekends and hazy memories 😉

Brycey
    Free Member

Done.

I reckon the cunning plan to chase out the sanctimonious high-horsers has worked a treat.

somouk
    Free Member

Done 🙂

mickeyb0305
    Free Member

Hi all, thanks very much to those that have completed the survey so far, way above what I was looking for!

However, in response to EXCENTRIC whom I’d like to thank for your comments, I must reiterate that ethical approval has been given by the Teesside University Ethics Committee for this project, however, I am following-up your concerns by suspending the study, until discussions with my supervisor can take place and any amendments will be made immediately.

Thanks again.
    Mike

mickeyb0305
    Free Member

Survey is back open again, so for those that didn’t get chance and don’t want to miss out, click on following link!

Your time is much appreciated.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Mountainbikingsensationseekingsurvey

ps, yes ethics are happy with everything.

Mike

MasterOfNone
    Free Member

Done…

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Regular forum user seeking help from you all…………’ is closed to new replies.