Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Regrets
  • bearnecessities

You do seem it; that said so would I in your shoes after seeing pics of your picturesque home with the wishing well etc.
    Good on you.
    Bastard 🙂

tillyfishes
    Free Member

I have been looking for something like this to show people to make them think about the positives in life….thanks!

Spin
    Free Member

A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and among the top ones is ‘

I wish I’d pumped that wee nurse?

Spin
    Free Member

The main one being a beautiful italian girl when I was 17.

I thought that was a very good year for you Frank, when you were 17?

colournoise

Haven’t watched the vid and won’t.

Personally I try to regret nothing (whether things done or not done). Can’t change the past so pointless regretting anything, can only learn from it to influence the present.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Self help tosh from across the water. How they love this shite, industry is worth a fortune apparently.

Seems to be affecting British culture more as we assimilate and become more like them. Just need the guns, your boss owning you, unpaid internships, celebrity worship, obsession with material wealth, boot camps for failures, constant use of the word loser, a hyper critical and looks obsessed society and you will need all that self help due to the induced paranoia and feeling of not living up to the standards set.

Had your teeth whitened yet boy, you could do with some fillers, how about ab lipo, drop that loser attitude and become a winner 😆

jamj1974

molgrips – Member
    I notice the past tense iolo.. hope you are doing well now.

+1, so glad to hear things are better…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I agree with most of what you said chestercopperpot. I do however feel the sentiment of the film is right and something I have tried to do more over the last two or so years . Basically to enjoy life! But yes that dude is seriously annoying and it’s the drip drip effect of course.

I read an article about motivational quotes a few years ago, how they are everywhere now . ” you can’t buy happiness but you can buy a book” type drivel. Tea towel philosophy I think it was called, how insincere it all feels. Was fascinating to read . Secular society and so on….

nickc

Seems to be affecting British culture more as we assimilate and become more like them

I’ve just finished a book that was about “Celtic” culture, it’s overriding point was that while the people didn’t really exist*, the cultural dominance most certainly did…groups of people assimilate cultural mores, always have, always probably will. Same for Palaeolithic and neolithic people, same for us.

Anyway, I don’t mind these little things, there’s massive cultural and societal pressure to “work hard, play hard” to be constantly “Busy” It’s good to have the reminders like this to put some perspective on it.

Bream
    Free Member

Annoying rhyming man is annoying. Also, link to this study or I’m calling bullshit.

😆

MrOvershoot

Think your regreting this now 😉

anagallis_arvensis

I’ve got regrets, a few big ones. No point dwelling on them just learn from them and move on.

singletrackmind

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kf3Hyxl67g[/video]

Not as good as New Order but still apt

iolo
    Free Member

Lol at mr Overshoot.

jeffc

[video]https://youtu.be/uFPp0G8b-fg[/video]

Nae regrets

tjagain

My regrets? Not playing rugby more seriously – I discovered girls and beer instead and never having the bottle to sing in public.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

This presupposes we all know who we are. Which none of us do. So it’s an empty platitude.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I think my only regrets are leaving the council as a mechanic to go self employed with a petrol station & not selling it earlier.

The only thing I repeat is, ‘I should never have left the council’ 🙄

cheekyboy
    Free Member

The main one being a beautiful italian girl when I was 17.

What prompted the change ?

wilburt
    Free Member

Some ladies I was close to in my 20’s and 30’s had pregnancy terminations which I encouraged at the time but now looking back from a place where the children I do have bring me such joy it makes me realy sad.

Other than that dont regret much, I’ve had a few big job offers that would have meant me becoming a slave to the commute and responsibility but turned them down for a better lifestyle.

I still feel I need to travel more but I’m hoping theres time for that, s’pose you cant tell and I should really get on with it.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Regrets’ is closed to new replies.