• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Regarding bike and bike bits reviews
  • Inzane
    Free Member

I quite like reading them, but I always want to know what sort of riding the reviewer usually does?? Are they a hard out XC racer, an epic all mountain type trail rider or a full blown DH bomber? People sometimes describe what sort of riding they usually do, but it is impossible to figure out if one persons extreme free-ride is in fact equal to another persons standard trail riding…

I have done a bit of guiding and we used to get the clients to rate their ability on a bike. Was quite amusing. Many Yanks and Euros would rate themselves at the very top end, while many Brits, Kiwis and Aussies would rate themselves somewhere in the middle. Thing is, put these people on bikes and the low rating Brits, kiwis, Aussies were far better than the high rating Yanks and Euros…

Hmmm I guess I will probably just have to try all the stuff myself to get the real low down on whether I am going to like a product. It is a bit like the Shimano/Sram wars… both products work, but personal preference means people love one product and bag the other…

How do you cut through the dross and figure out if what the reviewer is saying actually stacks up to how you ride a bike/treat your gear?? Are there specific sites that have reviews that you trust?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Regarding bike and bike bits reviews’ is closed to new replies.