Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Refunding/Cancelling an ebay Buy it now auction
  • allyharp

I managed to sell an item I didn't actually have in a fixed price auction today (which was paid for immediately) so I have been in touch with the seller and now need to refund him somehow.

Ideally one of us with be able to cancel or revoke the purchase such that I won't incur the full fees. The only option I can see is to just let the payment stands and for me to paypal him back money to the same value – but of course I then lose loads of money on ebay and paypal fees.

Anyone know a better way?

cynic-al
    Free Member

You can issue a refund on paypal then get the auction cancelled and get all fees refunded.

scaredypants

I managed to sell an item I didn't actually have

ah, easily done, I'm sure

😯

Jamie
    Free Member

I managed to sell an item I didn't actually have for less than i was happy with.

Possibly fixed that for you?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I managed to sell an item I didn't actually have

I'm hoping there's a good reason…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

There have been a few threads on here with folks doing just that on the classifieds.

Shame on you is my first thought. Any pleas in mitigation?

And paying the fees is the least you can do for wasting everyones time.

allyharp

Aha out come the lynch mob to play…

Jamie: I managed to sell an item [strike]I didn't actually have[/strike] for less than i was happy with.

Since it was a fixed price auction I'd have to be pretty stupid for that to happen…

Actually I was selling some concert tickets which me and friend had, but since he was ill we didn't go. He had the tickets but I tried to sell them on my ebay account (for less than we paid, might I add). He managed to find somebody on Gumtree to buy them so tried to get me to pull the auction. By the time I got out of a meeting and back to my computer somebody had bought them on ebay.

I also phoned the guy straight away to explain, and think all is sorted now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Refunding/Cancelling an ebay Buy it now auction’ is closed to new replies.