Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Refund on broken bike part bought as a full bike?
  • bedmaker

I got a new bike from a large German direct to market retailer back in March.
    The cranks broke in May.

They have been good to deal with and the cranks are being replaced under warranty but I’ve been without my bike for seven weeks now and the crank manufacturer has no stock and seemingly no word on when they will be in stock.

Under distance selling regs, can I ask for a refund on part of the bike?
    I’d rather not put these carbon cranks back on if they break again after three monts use and leave me bikeless for X months again. I’d prefer the money and buy different cranks instead.

I’m not clued up on these regs as I’ve thankfully never had to use them in anger. Before I get mired in the details, I figured there may be folks on here who have been in a similar situation and are able to give me some pointers.

b45her
    Free Member

lured by budget brands, put up with budget aftersales. . .

andyl
    Free Member

do they have anything else in stock you would like instead? You could suggest that and make sure the BB and chainring is correct too.

khani
    Free Member

Helpful,..
    You could ask for for an equivalent set instead I’d imagine,

5thElefant
    Free Member

Buy some new cranks. Ebay the replacements.

Joe

5th Elefant has the solution to your problems.

bedmaker

Buy some new cranks. Ebay the replacements.

This is the intention. But if I could be refunded the RRP of the cranks rather than selling them on ebay myself I’d end up considerably better off I’d imagine.

lured by budget brands, put up with budget aftersales. . .

Like I said, they are dealing with it.
    If I had bought it from my LBS I’m pretty sure they couldn’t just magic the cranks into stock either.
    I’m just investigating options and looking for others experiences in a similar situation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Refund on broken bike part bought as a full bike?’ is closed to new replies.