Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Reflective stickers / tapes, any recommendations?
  • cookeaa

I’ve been considering my commuting visibility lately, it’s not too bad but there’s always room for improvement so Can anyone recommend any reflective stickers or tapes that I could apply to my Commuter?

At the minute I’m thinking some Yellow, white or red chevrons on the seat stays might be a starting point…

Northwind

Quite a lot of it is rubbish tbh. Useful word to look for is retro-reflective, old-school reflectives are awful by comparison.

I got a sheet of Respro stuff cheap but it’s usually too expensive, for what’s basically just a sheet of 3M retroreflective self-adhesive. But simple, at least.

vixalot
    Free Member

http://www.moglo.co.uk/ I had ‘tape by the metre’ Reflective Black Stealth Tape, stuck it on the black parts on my bike and 4x 2″ strips on the wheels very efective 🙂

cookeaa

Well thats a good point, I was googling this, and can’t quite seem to find out if any of the 3M tapes or coatings are accepted as BS6102-2 compliant or not. my thinking there was that a couple of strips of of yellow scotchlite tape on my SPDs and a square of red on my seat post would serve to make me legally compliant without much effort or crappy plastic reflectors that inevitably get smashed, but only if 3M have had their tapes tested against BS6102-2 (or equivalent)….

Speshpaul

ebay search 3m reflective tape
    lots to choose from

mrmoofo

some of the ebay stuff – esp the black, is not very reflective
    I would guess it is black paint in silver foil TBH

TooTall
    Free Member

Don’t forget side-on visibility. Your lights largely cover fore and aft and people forget about the side.

organic355
    Free Member

I got these respro ones

Think they come in black too, but scotchbrite so reflect car headlights.

lightman
    Free Member

I use stuff like this in black.
    The black stuff is perfectly fine and will light up as soon as any light hits it, plus if you have a black bike, it doesn’t make it look a mess during the day if you had multi coloured tape on it.
    This is my winter bike using a flash and you can see everywhere the tape is ~

Northwind

3M tape won’t satisfy BS6102-2, it tests the reflectors as a whole, not just the reflectiveness of the reflector. (though, isn’t it a redundant standard now anyway, I thought we’d gone Confusing European Standards?)

KZP894
    Free Member

Check out Lomo I think they sell some.

Doh1Nut

Clas Ohlsen shops also have rolls of reflective tape

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Reflective stickers / tapes, any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.