Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Referendum results (percentage) prediction thread :-)
  • Tenuous
    Free Member

50-50. Civil War. Farage’s brown shirts in the street fighting scientists. Tories and Labour living together. Mass hysteria!

tpbiker
    Free Member

56 % remain…

I have more faith in coomon sense amongst the UK population than the pollsters.

4/1 on for remain with the bookies…they rarely get it wrong in a 2 horse race.

chewkw
    Free Member

C’est la vie

stewartc
    Free Member

In 45%
    Out 40%
    Stay next to 15%

mikewsmith
    Free Member

57 in
    Turnout 73?

pondo

56% in

I want to stay but there’s a morbid interest in what would happen if we left.

I’ve got a bit of that going on, too. 🙂

zeesaffa
    Free Member

54% to leave

v8ninety

51.5% out. I do not have much faith in at least half of my fellow human beings.

milky1980
    Free Member

bencooper beat me to 50/50 so I’ll go 50.2 out 49.8 in.

Doubt it’ll be a clear win for either though, cue the lawyers arguing over the result 😥

Fat-boy-fat

Like many others, I reckon a narrow win to stay in. 52%? Hope that it is more clear than that though.

perchypanther
    Free Member

My prediiction is that Leave will win in England and Wales by a very narrow margin 51:49 but that Scotland will vote Remain with a much larger 70:30 split and that this is enough to tip the balance of the entire vote toward the Remain vote. with a 51:49 split.

ferrals
    Free Member

Will we get a regional breakdown? I hope so.

cchris2lou

56 in
    44 out

BoardinBob

I want remain but I reckon

52% leave
    48% remain

grenosteve
    Free Member

I hope a lot more than 50% of voters decide to remain.

I’ll go 65:35 to remain.

dazh

A narrow victory for remain I reckon. 52%-ish. If you’d asked me 2 weeks ago I’d have said definitely out, but it feels like things have shifted since then. That may well just be the media biasing it’s coverage, but besides that I only know a handful of people who are voting out and even though I live in a middle class lefty bedwetter bubble, that’s got to count for something.

slowoldman

I thought it was going to be results by constituency, but it looks like there will be 382 regional areas.

dazh

It’ll be a interesting indicator of where all the small minded racist little Englanders are. Not that we don’t know already.

lovewookie

45:55 leave, review of percentatges across Scotland pushing for a Scottish referendum, again, to leave UK and return to EU.

Border trench constructed to form the Sassenach Canal, and the relocation of the renfrew ferry for all travellers across the border…..

hot_fiat

51% remain after many, many, protracted recounts and judicial intervention. Actual result to be revealed at 03:17 on Monday 27th June. It’ll go to appeal and we’ll have to suffer the whole appalling shambles all over again in 18 months.

It’ll be a interesting indicator of where all the small minded racist little Englanders are.

I’d really rather not know: I have a general belief that most people are actually quite nice.
    edit:
    Except Farage, obviously.

everyone
    Free Member

56% Remain.

41% turnout.

aracer
    Free Member

Apart from those who feel the need to insult others for their voting choice…

hot_fiat

hot_fiat » I have a general belief that most people are actually quite nice.

Apart from those who feel the need to insult others for their voting choice…
    [/quote]
    No I honestly do believe that most people are quite nice and will vote based on genuinely constructed argument, either way. Some people will no doubt vote purely because of misinformation, small-mindedness or racism and I’d really rather not know who they are.

scaredypants

I’m hoping it’ll be clear-cut remain in all of the individual countries and overall 60% remain

thomthumb
    Free Member

57 remain.

Rockape63
    Free Member

It would be more interesting and conclusive if you had to guess the number of voters voting one way or t’other. However as we’re not, I’ll guess 58.66% remain.

tenfoot

I hope not. That’ll be another can of worms opened.
    I reckon 51% remain. Living in Kent though, I am surrounded by a lot of leavers, which is a worry…..

TiRed

Less than 5% margin, so 52.5 in and 47.5 out or closer.

Turnout of 72%. Gove gone by tomorrow evening. Cameron to renegotiate the negotiated deal.

Biggest prediction: NOBODY will be satisfied with the result.

jimster01

50:50 thanks to the Sun / Mail / Express readership which is scarey.

P-Jay
    Free Member

@jimster01

The Mail is pro-remain believe it or not…

I suspect it’s because they’ll only be left with Cancer, House Prices and Weather at front pages if they lose the ability to moan about the EU.

jimster01

@P-Jay – the Mail are quick enough to blame immigrants for wrong-doing BITD.

Flaperon

56:44 in favour of remain.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Biggest prediction: NOBODY will be satisfied with the result.

Not sure about that, but nobody will be satisfied with post-vote plan, if it’s out – there will be a 4-10-year exit plan to try to mitigate the pain, DC or Boris will want trade deals in place before we leave – we HAVE to have trade deals in place before we leave or we’ll effectively be embargoed – the EU will want free movement to agree to a deal which goes against a lot of the Leave lot want, they’ll want us out by August and claim we’re dragging our feet. The IN people won’t be happy at the loss and very unhappy when Black Friday / Mon happens (depending on the exit polls and early results) it will effectively prove the IN fears right.

If it’s IN the Leave camp will be screaming about rigging and demanding another vote in a years time or something stupid like scheduled in/out vote every 4 years, the Government will have to be more openly Pro-EU, not just now – they’ll have to stop blaming ‘Brussels’ whenever something goes wrong, which will be hard work with the Murdock press slamming Europe whenever they can.

There’s almost a 3rd option. Someone this morning made an interesting point – the vote isn’t binding, the Government doesn’t have to do follow it, a very close vote to leave might not mean we leave – Dave could spin a line about listening to voters and restructuring a deal with the EU and as that was what Boris was calling for when he started it won’t be hard to pull him into line. UKIP will feel cheated, but Tory high command may decide that 3 years is long enough to kill them before the next election.

slowoldman

In case you are worried that the TV won’t be able to pontificate on the likely outcome during the night, because apparently in votes like this exit polls don’t work, see this.
    How to interpret the results

Sunderland needs to be +6 points leave for national result to be a tie. They reckon!

aracer
    Free Member

It appears though that the likely margin of this vote is far smaller than the margins of error until a lot of the counts are in.

slowoldman

Well after weeks of being quite determined what I would do on the day I’m now finding myself undecided.

Do I go to bed and get the final result tomorrow or get in some booze, stay up all night and phone in sick?

miketually
    Free Member

60% remain, swung by high Scottish turnout.

(I think there’ll be a high turnout in England too – I’m usually in the first handful through the door, but 30 or 40 had voted before me this morning. My wife had to queue!)

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I think close, but not as close as the polls suggest.

55% in, and I agree that the Scots could play a big part.

Rockape63
    Free Member

….and I agree that the Scots could play a big part.

Why? There’s not many of em!

alanf
    Free Member

46% in or out.

46 is a good number

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Referendum results (percentage) prediction thread :-)’ is closed to new replies.