Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Redundency – Just been given the news
  • Archaic
    Free Member

I currently, although not much longer, work for a patent and trade mark firm in Sheffield. We had a marketing meeting on Monday discussing possible options as work is a little down compared to normal. Conclusion was all need to bill out a little more work. Turned up today to find out I’ve been given one months notice and a letter of recommendation.

Luckily work have paid for my initial qualification which includes my exam on June 5th. However, I now have plenty of time to revise whilst simultaneously searching for more work. Add to the fact my knee is fecked due to damaged cartilage and it looks like this summer is going to be a washout.

So if anyone in the Sheffield area has any work going just shout out. Additionally if there are any patent attorney’s out there that require a trainee with one years experience please make yourself known.

Cheers for reading and I wish you all better luck 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So no due processes followed then? How many people do they employ? Did they even tell anyone their job was at risk of redundancy? Have you been given a right to appeal?

Sounds like this could be yet another tribunal…

jova54
    Free Member

Bad luck Archaic, but at least you’ve got a month with pay to find something else. Are you getting any sort of redundancy package, it sounds like you’ve not been in the job long?

Welcome to Joblesstrackworld, the only club that actively works to get rid of it’s members. 😉

Archaic
    Free Member

I have been given one months paid leave from the end of this week so technically my last working day is this Friday. Today however I left after the news as I was in no state to concentrate at all. The company employs 12 full time staff and as I mentioned we had a meeting of the technical staff on Monday this week talking about the various options available.

I had been at the company since June 02, 2008 so just about to hit the 1 year mark. Sucks but hey ho as the work load on my desk has been thinning out so I can understand their predicament, especially as a colleague is due back from maternity leave in 6-8 weeks.

Tomorrow I have to face the office and tidy up files etc after attending physio at 8am oh I can’t wait.

xcstu
    Free Member

Unlucky mucker…. join the only club no one wants to be in ;-(

Was made redundant myself beginning of march after 8 years service.. was offered move to back up to bradford but turned it down! Again similar to you not able to ride after snapping my achilles just after finishing my job! All race events and bike rides off for most of this year??

Chin up as they say… it can only get better..

all the best finding new job 😉

Archaic
    Free Member

Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start so here’s hoping the MRI scan results from the physio are good. CV is now up to date so just need to wait for voice to stop being pathetic after the shock of the news.

Baldysquirt

We find out some time this week – 70 out of 140 are going and I’ve only been there (after my last place went bust) about 5 months, so it doesn’t look good. In Sheffield too. Got a couple of job leads, but not overly confident. I need to finish the attic anyway!

daveplanetx
    Free Member

see my post on-one giz a job

mail me

dave@planet-x-bikes.com

pls ive literally spent a fortune on trademarks and patents over the years

lodious
    Free Member

Sorry to hear your bad news..it’s a horrible feeling. Keep your pecker up!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

good luck dude. You’ll get something, maybe some work with on-one!

Archaic
    Free Member

Cheers for comments all and Dave ygm 😉

Spongebob
    Free Member

Sorry to hear your unfortunate loss!

Welcome to the “Lifesgoneofftrackworld” 😐

sssimon
    Free Member

I got told I was being moved 40 miles down the road a year ago ans someone in that office was going to be made redudant. I offered to take redundancy instead.

best thing I ever did, went back to previous employer to see if an offer from months back still stood, went from 60 hor week to 40 odd, took a pay cut but much happier now

hopefully it all works out for you too

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Redundency – Just been given the news’ is closed to new replies.