Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Redundancy question.
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Sorry, I put this in the wrong forum.

Okay, I'm going through a redundancy process.

This is fine, it is what it is and hopefully I'll find something better. There is no love lost….

Anyhow, I had a meeting over a month ago in which I was told I was 'at risk'. Fine.

Today I had a follow up meeting where they were supposed to come back with answers to a lot of questions I had. I had offered to go part-time or job share with a work mate who is also redundant.

Now, this is where I need a little help. I was told that going part-time is not an option as it does not provide the cost savings they want for the business.

The issue I have here is the 'cost savings'. Have they tripped themselves up? Is this now grounds for constructive dismissal?

Cheers

trinity1
    Free Member

they can only make you redundant if your job actually ceases to exist ie if they shift your role elsewhere they have to offer you a transfer etc, i know i went through all this at the start of the year all my sympathies

Sandwich

It's doubtful. Did they answer all the questions you had asked? It would appear that they have pre-judged your redundancy if you have not had your final meeting where you will get the push. Procedure is all in redundancy cases. You need to weigh up the damage an appeal can do to your future employment prospects if you want to progress further, subject to process not being followed correctly. (Read any procedures on redundancy the company has written very carefully, ensure they have done all the steps correctly and lawyer up if necessary). If you do appeal be clear that you want extra money for going quietly and not going to tribunal, you will also want a positive reference as part of the deal.
    Good luck

garage-dweller

Constructive dismissal – where you quit because they make your life hell (over simplification)

Unfair or wrongful dismissal is what you would potentially be looking at if there is a case, one is procedural and the other about the reasons.

Rather than listen to the armchair lawyers on here might I suggest

direct.gov.uk
    CAB
    solicitor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Redundancy question.’ is closed to new replies.